Chapter 29

A sleepy groan leaves my lips as I'm finally set free from my cage of slumber. Body shifting slightly to try and shake off the groggy feeling that's now trying to grab a hold of me. My eyes fluttering open softly as I release a yawn, a smile on my lips when I open my eyes to see the sight that is a sleeping Katsuki Bakugo. My heart almost squeezing with how adorable he looks. He's so adorable when he sleeps! He looks so peaceful too, a complete contrast to his usual chaotic self.

His flaxen hair almost spiked out everywhere it could after being tousled around during his sleep. His mouth slightly open, little breaths leaving his lips while his chest slowly rises and falls to a slow rhythm. Holding me close, his arms wrap around me tightly as if I'd leave him in the middle of the night. His leg poking out of the sheets to try and allow some cool air onto his sweaty self making me smile. Even asleep, he seemed so gorgeous. How can one man do that? Is it even possible?

Slowly shifting in my space, trying not to wake the grizzly bear that's got his claws on me, I look toward the alarm clock to check what the time actually is. A faint giggle leaving my lips when I realise it's way past the time that Katsuki usually wakes up however I couldn't bring myself to wake him. I just wanted to let him have those extra few minutes so he had something more than just his usual ten to eleven hours.

Katsuki's been working so hard recently, especially with juggling the college class on top of his daily hero work as well as making time for the pair of us to be together. He's even worked past his usual bedtime of nine o'clock (apparently it used to be half eight until Denki began dragging him to parties and keeping him there as long as possible). He needs those extra few winks. I know he needs them and I know he won't admit that he needs them.

So what better way than to wake him up with some breakfast in bed?

After all, Katsuki has been there for me when I needed him most. He's there while I'm revising, I'll be sitting in his lap and he'll be asking random questions from the book to keep my brain working and then rewarding me with a kiss when I get it right. He'll cook me dinner after a long day, even going as far as to make extra for Sakino (who always appreciates having food made for her). He'll be there to support me whenever someone tries bringing up the 'incident' that will not be named.

He's worked so hard and I find it so unfair that he hasn't been rewarded for it. So I'm going to reward him with food and a five star breakfast that I know he'll love. It'll be worth it, I know it will. Making him happy will always be worth it.

Slowly, I begin to wriggle in his arms to try and wean them off. A small snort leaving my lips as he tightens his grip like he isn't even asleep before letting out a sleep induced groan. Rolling my eyes playfully, I pick up his arm with as much care as I can muster before carefully sliding out from underneath. I then place his arm back down and watch as he shifts and curls up a bit more now that he had the bed all to himself.

After pressing a dainty kiss to his forehead, I head downstairs into the kitchen and take a deep breath. Eyes roaming around the kitchen as I try to remember where everything is. A small bullet of anxiety shoots through my stomach as I rub the back of my neck. No pressure, (Y/n). You're just making breakfast for the most important person in your life right now.

Once my hands are washed, hair is pushed back (so it's out of the way) and I have an apron on I begin to get to work. A small hum leaves my lips as I begin to fry the bacon on a frying pan while I crack eggs into another to begin doing a poached egg. The smile stretching across my lips is evidence enough of how happy this is making me.

I'm making Katsuki breakfast!

Usually, if we ever stay over each others place, Katsuki wakes up way before I do. He's an early bird. He wakes up early and goes to bed early so I'm not not surprised. So, by default, my breakfasts are always made my Katsuki. He's never once woken me up to make breakfast because he wants to make it. So I'm glad that I can finally make him breakfast!