Chapter 8

Running my fingers through my (h/c) locks, I stare down at the words on my textbook. My mind whirring and whizzing through as I try to remember everything the professor had told me to study and revise for the upcoming mock test before my brain finally implodes. The words almost managing to merge together onto the page the more I stared at it. My stomach churning the more I write. My eyes straining.

Exams always made my throat close up. My head pound and my stomach churn... even if I revised, I would still feel sick that very morning.

Instead of studying at the campus library or at my apartment (where Sakino is having her lady friend over), I decided to do some studying at the Todoroki household. The place where I probably felt the most safe at the moment besides my own apartment. A place where I could silently study without having bitchy friends that aren't even your real friends try to ruin your life and hurt you.

The incident with Kana yesterday really put me off going into the campus library for the near future...

Rightly so, Sakino was furious about the whole ordeal and, after calming myself down from my little breakdown, so was I. How could she do that to me? I didn't do anything wrong and I tried to calmly explain that the new story was fake and just seeking attention! The blue haired girl refused to let me leave the apartment alone just in case Kana decided to do something worse. She'd walk me to and from my classes and she'd walk me to my car for when I needed to pick up the twins.

She was looking out for me. After all, Sakino is much better at combat and defence than what I was...

Although, I do remember some from U.A.

Despite Kana's interpretation of me, she doesn't know that I'm going to make her life hell. That I'm going to make her regret the day she was born. She doesn't think I'm going to tell anyone. She'll think I'll roll over and let her have her way and let her get away with something do cruel. I can't wait to see her face when she realises that she fucked up greatly.

Cutting me from my thoughts, Shoto clicks his fingers gently in front of my face making me flush a soft pink and rub the back of my neck nervously. The older male tilting his head to the side in concern as I send him a small weak smile while he takes a seat at the dining table opposite me.

Both Shoto and Momo had been home for a few hours now. Momo already tucking the twins into bed and helping them shower. So, in all fairness, I am off work but I felt safe in their home. I felt like I was protected from anything and anyone. I couldn't bring myself to go back onto college campus yet. Perhaps it was trepidation clawing at the strings of my heart or perhaps I just wanted to feel secure. Regardless, I hoped I wasn't overstepping my boundaries.

"Are you okay, (Y/n)?" Shoto asks gently, watching as I shift uncomfortably under his gaze as I realise I've been staring off into space for a while and overthinking things, "Is something going on?"

"I - I'm okay, Mr Todoroki," I explain, cursing under my breath at my stammer, knowing it was a dead giveaway that I wasn't okay. My heart in my throat as a slight apprehensive feeling sinks into my stomach.

Should I tell them about Kana? Would they even do anything?...

"Sweetie, you've been out of it since we got home," Momo says softly as she walks into the dining room and takes a seat beside me, directing her body to face me as my throat tightens around nothing, "Whats wrong?..."

"Uh... I..." I begin nervously, picking at my nails as I look down at the table. Trying to find the courage to tell them what happened. My heart hammering in my chest as I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "I just... had a really bad day yesterday,"