Chapter 50

"Katsuki! For the final time, they will not care if the pillows are fluffed up! Who will are if the pillows are fluffed? I surely don't give a crap!"

Sighing gently, I watch incredulously as my boyfriend flits around the house with a duster in one hand and polisher in another. My eyes watching as he fluffs the pillows on the couches again today. He's fluffed up the pillows seven times in the past three hours. He has vacuumed the house three times. He's dusted and polished and waxed everything he possibly can in this goddamn house. It's insane. I couldn't believe the sudden change in demeanor when Katsuki checked his phone when we got out of bed this morning. He went from loving and doting boyfriend obsessed with waking me up with a flurry of kisses to a clean freak in seconds! Mere seconds!

All he got was a message from Eijiro, telling him that Katsuki is hosting the Bakusquad monthly get - together and he was off like a light. He's been stressing about how clean the house should be, what food we should eat and what we should wear. Considering Katsuki hosted the last meetup, it took him completely off guard. Denki was supposed to host this one, however his house is a sty and is full of baby stuff for Kyoka and their soon to be newborn. Plus, Kyoka refuses to have anyone over if the house isn't up to her standards. So Eijiro volunteered Katsuki... which is just adding stress to Katsuki who is insanely anal when it comes to cleaning!

Katsuki is being insanely neat. It's almost daunting.

Leaning against the doorway of the living room, I watch as Katsuki wipes down the coffee table and throws the many All Might magazines he has into the chest of drawers beside the bookcase. The blonde just chucking anything into spaces that he knows no one will look into while I watch him in utter disbelief. He's not even being neat about this anymore. He's just rushing to make this house as spick and span as he can. He knows that they don't care how clean the house is. He knows that but he still cleans like mad.

We once went to Denki's place and Katsuki sat on day old pizza that Hanta left on the couch. We once went to Eijiro's and I stubbed my toe on his weights that he left out in the living room. We once went to Hanta's house and we tripped over a very large mound of clothes that belonged to Hanta. So no one cares! Yet Katsuki still makes a huge effort... it's sweet but sometimes he doesn't need to go so far.

Then again, Katsuki likes to show off and it's best to let him get on with this sort of stuff and not get in his way otherwise you'll meet a rather annoyed blonde boyfriend.

As Katsuki heads into the kitchen, I grab his wrist and gently allow my quirk to seep through into his skin making him sigh softly. His wrists gently relax into my own as I allow my quirk to relinquish the stress flooding his brain. His forehead lolls forward into my shoulder while I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him into a cuddle. He needed to relax. I knew he did and, clearly, he knew he wanted it too. His eyes close gently before opening up and a faint smile spreads across his lips.

"Feel better? You stress monster," I tease, poking his nose which he scrunches up in turn while and I take his hands into my own. My hands slightly glowing as I allow the serotonin to seep into his system, "You have practically killed any bacteria or germs that we had in this house, can you please relax before you give yourself an aneurysm,"

"Have we got food ordered?" He asks, completely avoiding my question and huffing as I roll my eyes and nod my head. I have the food portion all under control. I always have the food portion under control but he still has his moments of disbelief whenever things like this occur, "What did you order?"

"I have three pizzas on the way. One pepperoni, one four cheese pizza and one barbecue chicken," I begin, staring at the list I wrote down and magnetized to the fridge as I recite it all to him, "I also have two fried chicken buckets, five large helpings of fries and three bottles of soda on the way. We are feeding a whole hoard of people and leave this meetup fat and satisfied,"

"Perfect... thank you," Katsuki mumbles into my shoulder while I kiss his forehead and flit my eyes toward the clock hammered into the wall, "I gotta get changed. You go watch tv or something before the others get here,"

Nodding softly, I let him head upstairs before turning on the tv and switching to a music station with the remote. With the ambience set, the food delivered and the house perfectly clean - everything was ready for the imminent arrival of our friends. There was nothing for me to even do. All I could do was sit still and look pretty at this rate! Not that I'm complaining since I didn't have to do cleaning but it is annoying sometimes when I can't do anything.

Ding dong!

Without another word, I head to the door and open it up. Behind the front door stands Mina and Eijiro with little Kokoa snuggling into Mina's chest, immediately, Eijiro scoops me up into a hug which makes me laugh and hug back. If it were me two years ago, I would have screamed and committed this moment to memory. Now, it's almost natural. Eijiro and I hug one another on a semi - regular basis. Especially when I've had a moment, Eijiro is always there to pick me up from a low moment

"Hey you guys!" I squeal, giggling as Eijiro pulls away for Mina to glomp me instead. The pink haired woman jumps up and down as soon as I am snuggled into her arms, "How are you? I haven't seen you guys for a while!"

"We're great! We missed you so, so much!" Mina squeals, kissing my forehead before pulling away and heading into the living room where I left bowls full of chips and dip for us all to snack on before the food gets here, "How you feeling? Katsuki's been keeping us all posted but I wanna hear it from you,"

"I'm better than what I was, I'm starting up my classes in a couple of weeks again too," I explain, sitting down on the couch and immediately steal Kokoa off Eijiro's lap to give the little muffin a cuddle, "Katsuki and I are doing good too, better than what we were and he's recruiting me as his part time sidekick,"

"Seriously?!" Mina squeals, staring at me as I nod and head to the door when the doorbell rings again to allow Denki, Kyoka and Hanta in while Katsuki heads downstairs with a small smile, "Guys! Guys! Katsuki's making (Y/n) his sidekick!"

"What!?" They all scream in unison before staring at Katsuki who curses under his breath and glares toward Mina who grins his way and claps her hand, "What does this mean!?"

As Katsuki gets all sorts of questions from the others, Kyoka slides beside me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. Her shoulder becomes my pillow as I smile to myself and let Kokoa nibble on her teething ring. Both of us stare at the others, watching as Eijiro pulls Katsuki into a tight hug which he tries to battle his way out of while Denki tries to give him a noogie. The three of them bickering between each other while Hanta and Mina laugh and try to join in on the rough housing. Each and every one of them teasing their older friend who isn't too pleased with all the attention (positive attention be damned).

"What made you take the job?" Kyoka asks softly, resting on her hand on her baby bump while watching her husband whine at Katsuki for punching him in the gut, "You still considering heroism?"

"It's more of a 'Katsuki wants me to live my dream' kind of thing... we made a deal. If I work part time for him then he will work part time for me," I tell her softly, smiling as she nods and smiles to herself, "He asked about my hero stuff so I showed him and we talked about it,"

"It'll be nice for you to expand your horizons," She says, rubbing my arm as I nod and grab a chip to nibble on, "And to overcome your fears,"

"Thank you, Kyoka," I hum looking toward the older girl who smiles and pokes my nose with her finger before we turn to see Katsuki pinning Denki to the floor and the other blonde wriggling like a worm underneath him, "Kat, let the poor boy go. I'm sure he wasn't trying to be mean. Food should be here soon, guys,"

"Kat, you heard her, get off him,"...

"No! Not until he says it!"...

"Katsuki!"...