Chapter 31

Humming a soft tune to myself, I stand at the kitchen counter while slicing up some onions and peppers for the chilli con carne I'm about to make for the twins, Shoto and Momo. My eyes focusing on the vegetables in front of me as I dice the onion into little cubes and slice the pepper into small squares as well. On the hob, the mince is cooking away. The fat melting off the meat and giving it flavour while I add the chopping vegetables to another pan to let them fry and sweat off before I make the actual chilli mixture and simmer it. A faint giggle leaving my lips as I move around the kitchen.

In the living room, giggling between each other, sits the twins. Ryoku in his Dynamight onesie, babbling to his brother about how cool his Uncle Kacchan is while Kōri sits in his Deku onesie fiddling with his teddy bear with a faint hum. Both of them relaxing and winding down in the living room, trying to keep themselves occupied after spending the day at home doing absolutely nothing. The pair of them ended up spending the whole day off school after Kōri started sneezing snowflakes and Ryoku threw up fire into the toilet...

Isn't Quirk Manifestation just the best time ever?...

So, I ended up being stuck with two children who have just manifested their quirks! Shoto literally ran out the room to tell his whole family, leaving me with the twins as soon as I stepped foot into the house. Momo gave me a list of things to complete to help the boys with their homework through out the day before escaping the house with the excuse that Kyoka wanted her with her for her sonogram. Which left me, who has the high school degree in child development, to deal with the newly quirked children who are literally walking disasters at the moment!

I spent most of the morning with the fire extinguisher! Putting out each and every fire that Ryoku had created (I was so close to spraying that kid with the fire extinguisher!). I had to wrap the kid in a fire proof blanket so he didn't cause a house fire (luckily most of the house is fireproof due to Shoto) or burn me. Then, I spent most of the afternoon trying to sweep up the snow that managed to arrive every time that Kōri took a step. Then Kōri kept sneezing making snowflakes go everywhere! Fire and Ice.

The perfect combination...

Today has just been so hectic and tiring... that I just want to go to my boyfriends place, cuddle in bed watching cringe movies while stuffing my face with takeout. Maybe even wear Katsuki's hoodie and some cute socks...

After the mince has been cooked properly and I removed the fat from the pan so it didn't stay in the chilli, I add the mince with the stock and tomato puree and canned tomatoes. The vegetables added as well. Once everything is in the pot, I begin to stir the contents and let it all infuse. I turn the heat down to low, letting the food simmer while I turn to the rice cooker to begin cooking the rice.

"(Y/n)! Kōri sneezed again!"

Cursing under my breath, I set down the wooden spoon and head into the living room. I immediately kneel in front of Kōri who's holding his red little button nose with a small sniffle. Slowly, I take his hands into mine to have a look at his little nose where little icicles have appeared making me coo gently. Clearing my throat, I gently touch his nose to see how cold it is. Kōri whimpers under my touch as I slowly grab a hot water bottle and hold it to his nose gently to melt the ice.

Once the ice is somewhat thawed, I gently remove the icicles and place them in the sink to melt. I kiss Kōri's nose gently when it's finished and pull him into my arms when he makes grabby hands toward me. Ryoku giggles to himself while snuggling into my other side as I head back into the kitchen to start the rice again. Ryoku wraps his hand around my pant leg as I turn on the rice cooker and set Kōri on the island before sitting his brother beside him.

"Can we have soba?" Ryoku asks looking around the kitchen as I check up on the chilli and season it with a couple of herbs, "Pretty please?"

"No, you had soba for lunch, you have chilli con carne for dinner," I tell him before dodging the inferno of flames that he sneezes out with a small yelp. My eyes widening slightly as I look toward Ryoku who laughs covering his mouth, "Cheeky little shit aren't you?"