Chapter 1

Humming gently to myself, I wait outside the twins class at kindergarten, looking around at all the privileged and rather posh looking parents surrounding me. Women wearing expensive looking clothes and having prestigious brands around their necks and arms. Men in crisp suits, on the phone to clientele. Instantly, I begin to feel out of place. Nervously smiling toward the mothers who look down at their noses to look at me, arching a brow toward my skittish persona, scoffing under their breaths when I wave sheepishly toward them. Probably thinking how could someone as young as me be able to afford for my children to come here.

Considering I have no children, it's quite hilarious.

As part of my job, every Monday to Friday, I have to come and pick up Kōri and Ryoku from their classes at kindergarten after my own classes at College. Luckily, it fits in perfectly with my schedule, my class finishing fifteen minutes before the twins finish school which gives me a good ten minutes to come and set up camp outside to collect them. Also, it's lucky that I can drive a car. Unfortunately, I also have to deal with rather uptight parents who think that the world revolves around them and their children and nothing else.

As my thumb slides over my phone, my eyes scrolling over my feed on Instagram while I wait for their class to finish. Leaning against the brick wall behind me, my eyes fall upon two black heels clicking to a stop as they halt before me. Clearing my throat gently, I look up at the owner of the shoes, sending them a small smile as they look over me. A rather snotty look about her. Her icy blue eyes staring me down.

"What are you doing here?" She asks rather rudely, making me shove my phone in my pocket and straighten myself up as I look up at her, her heels making her a lot taller than I am, "College students shouldn't be around here, let alone afford to even walk near a place like this,"

"I'm here to pick up Kōri and Ryoku Todoroki, ma'am," I reply with a sweet smile, laughing on the inside as she bristles at my comment, her eyes widening slightly, "I'm their babysitter so if you would, could you kindly leave me to do my job? Thank you,"

"As if Todoroki would hire someone as young as you, youngsters are so irresponsible," She shoots toward me with a small hum, crossing her arms over her chest, "I'm reporting you to the school for trespassing, your lies don't mix well with me. You're probably some spy for the League of Villains,"

"Go ahead, and they'll tell you that I'm working for the Todoroki's," I reply, biting my tongue to not cuss this woman out, not really wanting to lose my job so close to starting it, "It'll be a waste of time,"

She straightens herself. Refusing to believe me as she turns on her heels as the door to the classroom opens. The boys' teacher teeters out, sending the parents a bright eyed smile. A line of children stood behind her, each one trying to push in front of the other to leave school and get home before the others. The twins were near the front, their eyes sparkling at noticing my presence making me giggle and send them a little wave.

"Miss (Y/n) for Ryoku and Kōri Todoroki?" The teacher calls out, smiling toward me as I raise my hand gently and walk over to her, gathering the twins bags into my arms and slinging them over my shoulder, "How are you today, (Y/n)?"

"I'm good, although this rich bitch thinks that I'm here to kidnap the boys," I reply with a small laugh, watching her face contort into suppressing a laugh, "Keep an eye on her for me, she seems quite dodgy if you know what I mean,"

"I'll do my best," she replies with a small giggle, winking my way as I ruffle the boys hair with a grin, "See you tomorrow boys, behave for Miss (Y/n),"

"Bye bye, Miss Nakamura!" The twins chirp in sync before holding my hands, Ryoku on my left and Kōri on my right, smiling toward me as we head off, "Hi, Miss (Y/n)!"