Chapter 22

Clearing my throat gently, I stand at the kitchen counter as I look through the takeout menus on the counter. My eyes scanning over the deliciously portrayed food stamped all over the menus. My stomach happily whining at the pictures while I lick my lips. A small hum vibrates in the back of my throat as I bite my lip to have a look at what the twins and I could have for dinner after opting for an easier meal tonight after having a rather busy day full of cooking and burning my hands on scorching hot pans.

Today, by far, has been an exceptionally busy day for me. Instead of working on the theory side of my degree; we were all in the kitchens practicing certain skills that we may need to improve on for our next cooking exam. After acing my pastry skills, my cake decorating skills and my soup making skills, I decided to work on deboning and filleting chicken and fish as well as making my own sauces. It started off pretty good.

Then came my clumsiness to knock my confidence way down.

I left that class with a ton of colourful bandaids taped to my hands and my wrists as well as a couple of burns from accidental touching pans that possibly have reached over a hundred degrees. Which isn't the best feeling in the world. Especially when you're standing at the sink every five minutes to make sure that your burns don't scar. However, I did leave the class with some prepped meals for Sakino to have for dinner while I work which is a bonus for the both of us.

Cooking was the last thing I wanted to do right now!

After making a decision of buying takeout from the pizza place, I walk into the living room where the twins are cuddled up on the couch watching tv. Their heterochromic eyes glued to the screen as they watch the Lion King for the fifth time this evening. Kōri snuggling in his black and white onesie that closely resembled a cat while Ryoku is clad in his tiger onesie. The pair of them sleepily looking toward me as I show them the menu for them to choose their dinner from.

Tonight, I was at the Todoroki Estate for most of the evening and overnight. Both Shoto and Momo had a double date with Deku and Ochaco at a rather prestigious restaurant... then they had rented out a room at a hotel to spend the evening and tomorrow morning with one another (and get it on without having the twins try and interrupt them). The twins were more than excited to spend their time with me so it wasn't like they were upset about their parents going out on a date.

Silently, Kōri and Ryoku pick out what they would like to eat before thanking me as I pull up the pizza app on my phone and begin to order our food with a small hum. A giggle leaving my lips as I pay for it with Momo's credit card (she has given me permission don't worry!) before scrolling through my contacts and pulling up Katsuki's. Smirking playfully, I call him and then leave for the kitchen so I don't interrupt the twins with their movie.

While the number dials, I lean against the kitchen counter and grab a cookie from the jar. As I nibble, the call is accepted and Katsuki turns up on my screen making me smile as I wave playfully toward him as he chuckles and leans back onto the couch he's sitting on. The faint sounds of his movie plays in the background making me smile, wondering what kind of movie he's watching. Knowing him it's an action thriller or an epic superhero movie.

"Hey Baby Face," Katsuki hums, setting his phone up against the coffee table in front of him to get a good view of me, "Thought you were babysitting? Not slacking on the job now are you?"

"Of course not, the boys are watching the Lion King and I didn't want our phone call to disturb them," I explain, nibbling at the cookie with a small hum and giggling as Katsuki winks toward me, "May you do something for me, Kat? Pretty please?"

"I'm not sending you a d —" he begins before laughing as he notices my gawking face. My eyes widening and my mouth hanging wide open in absolute fear, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I wouldn't do that. What do you want Baby Face?"