Chapter 6

Leaning against the kitchen counter, my eyes watch over the twin boys sitting at the island on the barstools. Their eyes focusing in on their big piece of paper as they colour in their pictures for their project, the names of their favourite hero at the top of the page. Ryoku sticks his tongue out as he begins to write down why Dynamight is his favourite hero, giggling to himself as he looks toward the sentences I wrote out for him to use as a guide to spell certain words while Kōri furrows his brow as he shades in Deku's red shoes.

Their recent project at school was to write about their favourite heroes or their role models. To write out why they're their favourite, what they're known for, what their favourite food is, what their quirk is if they have one and their achievements. According to the twins, it was to help them with their handwriting and how to construct sentences which was amazing. When they needed help, I helped. I cut out pictures of Deku and Dynamight in action, pictures of their hero costumes and I wrote out a couple of sentences for the boys to use to help them with certain words.

Standing in the living room, adjusting the cuffs of his shirt, Shoto looks toward the mirror with a small hum. The male making sure his shirt is smooth before cursing under his breath and slipping it off without a second thought, the male walking into the kitchen as I arch a brow toward him. The male nervously smiling toward me as he looks around.

"Do you know where the clothing iron is?" He asks, rubbing the back of his neck as he holds his shirt in his other arm before ruffling his sons hair, "Is Momo using it?"

"It's in the cupboard under the stairs," I reply with a smile, running my fingers through my hair with a deep breath as Ryoku sounds out the word, "You want me to get it for you?"

"No that's okay," Shoto hums, sending me a reassuring smile as I look toward him before he turns on his heel and heads toward the cupboard, "You focus on sorting the boys out,"

Nodding softly, I turn back toward the boys to make sure they're doing okay with their project before turning around and checking up on the oven, biting my lip as I look through the glass to check on the pizza cooking away in the oven. A giggle leaving my lips as I look toward Kōri and Ryoku who stare at the oven expectingly. The pair of them hungry for dinner.

Tonight, both Shoto and Momo had a hero gala to go to. Both heroes were set to go to the gala to celebrate an occasion that meant a lot to the hero community. Leaving me to babysit the boys for the evening while they're out having a good time. The boys were more excited than ever to spend the evening with me, adamant that we were going to have so much fun together to watch movies and eat tons of chocolate, popcorn and candy.

As the oven timer beeps, signalling the pizza and the fries are finished, I grab the oven gloves and open up the oven. Waving my hand through the steam rushing out of the oven to try and get rid of it before I grab the pizza (I feel sorry for people who wear glasses when the steam gets into their lens). Humming gently, I pull out the pizza and the fries and set them down on the counter before turning the oven off and grabbing two plates from the cupboard to plate up their food.

As soon as the smell of pizza wafts through the room and hits the twins' noses, their eyes are suddenly on me. The pair of them licking their lips as I slice the pizza up and set three slices on each plate for them, leaving two for myself, before adding fries to the plates and handing it to the twins who greedily begin to eat it up. A giggle leaves my lips as I watch them chow down on their food while I nibble at the pizza.

While I swallow down the crust of the pizza, I watch as Shoto irons his shirt. The male making sure that there are no creases in his shirt before slipping it back and on sort out his cufflinks, chuckling when the boys make a small 'Ooh' sound toward him. Shoto stood there in his formal attire, a crisp white shirt with a navy blue suit jacket and suit pants. The blue really suiting him.