Chapter 45

"Sweetie, are you going to answer your phone?... It's been going off for the fifth time today..."

Sighing gently to myself, I run my fingers through my hair and look out of my childhood bedroom window. Past the little piggy bank and the many succulents that sit happily on my window sill, I look at the animals surrounding my home. Staring out at the many chickens and cows that litter the fields around my farmhouse. My eyes watching as the sheep trot around their little pen, bleating at my father who's currently trying to give them their feed while being chased by the three dogs that seem to torment him all morning before he heads off to work at Endeavor's agency.

Answering my phone is the last thing that I wanted to do right now... especially with everything that happened and is currently going on. I just didn't want to. That's a valid reason right? It may not be true reason but it should be a valid enough reason for my mom to understand why I don't want to answer my phone. I don't want to answer my phone. I mean, is that so bad? I don't want to answer my phone. That's all. Simple as that.

Not because I'm trying to avoid all my problems. Definitely not because I don't want to confront Katsuki about anything.

Definitely not!

After Katsuki and I sort of had an argument about what had been happening, I decided to stay with my parents for a while. Just wanting to get away from everyone. Nothing to worry about other than my degree. Away from Sakino. Away from Kana and everyone. Away from Katsuki. I even managed to get some time off of babysitting the kids too (Toya said he'll pick the twins up since one of his kids goes to their school anyway). I just couldn't bear the thought of seeing anyone other than my parents right now...

Since then, Katsuki has been trying to get a hold of me. He's been texting and calling my personal phone. Leaving me voicemails that I listen to on repeat and almost burst into tears when it finishes. He's even phoned the house phone, managing to get to my mom before becoming unsuccessful as I refuse to take the phone from my mother. He's doing the opposite of what I thought he would do... he's trying to still be there for me: which is something I thought he would refuse to do after I lied to him...

I don't deserve someone as amazing as Katsuki... I really don't...

However, Katsuki isn't the only person that's trying to contact me. Sakino has had a fair share of trying to call me. She's even left voicemails to try and coerce me into calling her back. They aren't persuasive at all, in all fairness. It's just five minutes of her keeping me up to date with all the gossip that's going on and trying to get me to call my boyfriend. If I could even call him that after what I did...

I mean, what I did wasn't good girlfriend material... I'm surprised he still wants me. He is one stubborn guy, after all. Maybe there's some more feelings underneath. Or maybe he's just being the decent boyfriend that he is instead of leaving me when things get tough like my high school boyfriends did with a relationship that lasted around three months at a time. I'd be lucky if I even got to six months with a guy...

And now I'll flush more than a year's relationship down the drain because I can't explain my feelings...

Perfect...

Then I'll be alone for the rest of my life. I'll never be able to get a relationship because I'll be known as the 'girl who broke up with Dynamight' or 'a gold digger' or 'someone who tried to manipulate Dynamight'. The media will love a story like this. They'll have it all over the news. They'll ask questions. I'll get harassed. I'll then have to move city or even country to try and find some sort of peace... oh my god... this is just pure hell. I'm describing hell.

As the insecurities pile into my brain, smashing against one another and fighting to get into my subconscious; I wipe a tear from my eye. Heart beating against my rib cage a mile a minute as the phone stops ringing and dials through. My voice mail rings through, my mother watching as I curl up on my bed and whimper to myself. I can't help but sob. I can't believe I did this...