Family probation period (Matthew Gray Gubler/ Reader)

Requested: Yes

Summary: Matthew Gray Gubler meets his girlfriend's family on Christmas eve. Just one detail: none of them knew she was dating.

Warnings: Cursing, mentions of abusive relationships

Category: Fluff

Pairing: Matthew Gray Gubler/ Reader

Wordcount: 3,5K

A/N: A late Christmas story, but I think we are still in the holiday season... right? 

- "Are you sure about this?"- (Y/N) looked at Matthew and he nodded with a huge grin on his face. They were parked outside her parent's house. They had driven from Los Angeles to San Francisco to spend Christmas Eve with them.

- "Why not? I bet they are gonna love me"- he answered with his "Matthew Gray Gubler's certified to make you drop your panties smile."

- "I don't know, I'm nervous"

- "Well missy, it was your idea to drop by your parents and surprise them with the news of your adorable boyfriend, so?"- (Y/N) smiled and nodded.

- "And you thought it was a great idea, by the way, that's why you are here"

- "Yeah"- Gubler sighed and looked outside- "Why do you still trust my good judgment?"

- "Well..."- (Y/N) looked at me and bit her lips- "You are very convincing"- he smiled and kissed her lips softly.

- "It's gonna be ok, they love you, I love you, which means we are gonna get along"- she nodded and smiled.

- "Alright, I'll pretend that makes sense"- Gubler chuckled and kissed her again

- "Let's do this, Bunny".

-

Matthew and (Y/N) had been dating for over ten months. At first, they decided to take things slow, get to know each other better, try to make things work with their crazy schedules. But soon, they realized they had fallen in love, and "taking things slow" was not their thing.

(Y/N) had decided to wait for the right moment to tell her parents she had found someone. Her last relationship had been a nightmare, and she knew her family (especially her brother) was going to be apprehensive about her new boyfriend. However, she was eager to tell them how happy she was with Matthew and how great he was with her.

He was, hands down, the best boyfriend she had ever had. He was sweet and thoughtful. Sure, he wasn't perfect. He would forget many things 'cos his head was in hundredth places at once (she was almost sure he had ADHD). And sometimes it felt she had a boyfriend and a son all wrapped in the same 6 ft adorable manchild she was dating. But still, he was the best boyfriend.

She was hoping her parents and family would see he made her happy.

-

- "Ok, here we go"- Matthew rang the bell and turned to (Y/N), excited. She laughed and opened the door.

- "I still got my key."

- "Right."

- "Hello? Mom? Dad?"- she took a step inside and looked around. Her father stood up from the couch quickly and nearly ran to the door.

- "Peanut! You are home!"

Matthew smiled and held their bags staring at the scene. In all the time they had been together, he had heard a lot about (Y/N)'s parents. She loved them deeply, and he knew she wanted to share their relationship with them.