The Super Secret Mystery Project (Insomnia II)(Matthew Gray Gubler / Reader)

Requested: Yes

Summary: Matthew Gray Gubler proposes to Reader after seven years together

Warning: You might die of an overdose of fluffiness. Sorry, I can't help it.

Pairing: Matthew Gray Gubler / Reader

Word count: 2,6 K

A/N: Thank you all for the nice comments and requests  💗

- I need you to guard this for me- Matthew Gray ran into the kitchen and nearly killed his girlfriend of a heart attack. She jumped on her spot and almost dropped the cake pan she was holding.

- Jesus!! Gubler!!- but he just laughed and kissed her cheek sweetly, notoriously excited about something she didn't know.

- Sorry Bunny!! Just keep this for me for a while, ok?

Matthew placed an envelope in her pocket and wrapped his arms around her waist.

- What are you baking?

- I've been craving an ice cream cake all week, and today I finally have time to do it

- Damn, sounds good, which ice cream's flavors?

- Oreo cookies and cream, and chocolate chip cookie dough...- Gubler kissed (Y/N)'s neck making her giggle as she kept pouring batter on the pan.

- You are gonna make me get fat

- You don't have to eat it- (Y/N) turned and smiled at her boyfriend- More for me

- You wish, young lady, but that ice cream cake has to get the Gubler's seal of approval before it's served- Matthew pecked her nose and moved to the fridge. His girlfriend stared at him with a sweet smile, thinking she was dating the most adorable manchild on earth.

- And what am I guarding by the way?

(Y/N) looked back at the pan and prepared it to get into the oven, and her boyfriend stayed quiet for a few seconds, trying to arrange his thoughts. It was an important deal, and he had to make sure it all turned out perfect.

- Remember that project I've been working on?- he finally said, as casually as possible.

- The "Super Secret Mystery Project"?- she asked, thrilled to know more about it- The one you've been working secretly for the last two weeks?

- Yes, that's the one...- the actor took a sip of water and finally made his move- I was thinking I could show it to you later

- Really? is it done?- (Y/N) turned to him the second she closed the oven- Can we see it now?

- Nope, you have to finish that cake first- her instantaneous pout made him chuckle immediately.

- Please?

- No, Bunny, you'll have to wait.

The "Super secret mystery project" had taken Matthew Gray Gubler at least two weeks in the making, mostly because he had to do it at work, in between shots in the set. Why? 'cos (Y/N) couldn't see it, which meant he couldn't do it home.

Ever since the last time he was forced to spend a whole week home alone, he had made the decision: it was time to propose. But first, he had to find the perfect way to do it.

There was no way on earth Gubler was going to do it over dinner in a restaurant.

Neither on the beach at sunset. It had to be special. It had to be different. It had to be about them. Easier said than done, that's why it took him exactly seventeen days to be completely ready to do it. And the day was that night.