On cloud nine (Spencer Reid/Reader)

Prompt: Start a story with "Don't try this at home"

Spencer Reid/ Reader

Summary: It doesn't matter how many times Hotch asks Spencer to stop the physics magic at the BAU, he just can't help it, especially when he wants to impress Reader.

Category: Pure fluff

Word count: 1,2K

- Don't try this at home!- Spencer said mysteriously and placed an Ivory soap into the microwave.

García, Prentis, JJ, and (Y/N) were standing right behind him, waiting for his physics magic trick to work. Yes, Hotch had politely asked him to stop doing it the first time he caught him. Then, Reid hit Prentiss with a little rocket on the head, and Hotch reminded him he had to stop doing that at work, though a massive part of him was humored he was still such a child.

Yes, Hotch saw Spencer like another son he had to take care of. He didn't bother though, he knew the kid needed a father figure, and Aaron had more than enough father material to rise above the circumstances.

- Ok... and what's supposed to happen?- Garcia was eager to see the result, but Spencer shushed her and turned to his coworkers.

- What you are about to see is pure magic and I can assure you, it's gonna change your lives

- You are setting pretty high expectations, Spence- JJ raised an eyebrow staring at the doctor

- That's because I am sure of my abilities

(Y/N) looked at them and held her breath for a second. She was having a hard time keeping her jealousy under control. She was sure Spencer was still crushed on JJ, she could see the way he looked at her every time she talked. It was obnoxious, but she couldn't stop him, she couldn't say a thing! she was just his friend, not his girlfriend.

Besides, (Y/N) was sure JJ was flirting with him just to keep him on the hook. And she was going crazy, 'cos JJ was her friend, and she couldn't hate her though she wanted to. It was nerve-wracking.

- Ok, this is what's gonna happen: I am going to turn this simple soap in a cloud, and it's all physic's magic- you could tell Spencer was excited to do the trick. He kept fluttering his fingers in the air and looking all mysterious.

- Nerd magic?- Prentiss joked and García and JJ chuckled. (Y/N) nearly smiled. She hated it when people made fun of Reid.

- Call it what you want, I am going to blow your brains up

- Just try not to blow up the microwaves, or Hotch is gonna kill you- Derek said as he walked over trying to catch what was going on- What are you doing kid?

- Wait and see

Reid was enjoying that moment. He wanted to surprise (Y/N) with his trick because he was actually doing it for her.

Last weekend they finally had some time to rest, and the two of them had decided to enjoy their free time together, and check a new exhibit at the Smithsonian. They had a great time, it got late for lunch, so they decided to have an improvised picnic at the park. They bought a few things to eat, sat on a blanket (Y/N) kept in her car, and just enjoyed being there, not caring about catching an unsub for a few hours. Their brains needed a break from all the stress.

- That's the cutest, fluffiest cloud I've ever seen!- (Y/N) was laid on the blanket, next to Spencer, and pointed at the sky. He smiled at her excitement over something so simple.

- Yeah, it's a cool cloud... but, that one is fluffier- he pointed another, just to argue with her.

- My cloud is better, besides, it looks like a giant dragon... no, wait, it looks like a huge pile of hotcakes- Spencer chuckled at those words. (Y/N) had been rambling about getting up from the blanket and getting hotcakes for at least half an hour, but she was too tired to even move.

Spencer turned to her and forgot about the clouds. She was way more beautiful to him than anything on the earth or above. Her eyes were fixated on the sky, and never noticed he was looking at her until his silence was too evident. She turned to her best friend, and knit her eyebrows.

- What is it?

- Did you know fluffy clouds are actually called cumulus, their name derives from the Latin cumulo, which means heap or pile- doctor Spencer Reid covered his embarrassment for being caught staring, with random facts.

- I knew the name, but I didn't know what it meant- (Y/N) simply replied and smiled at him sweetly. She loved his facts.

- Did you know cumulus clouds are low-level clouds, generally less than 6,600 ft in altitude, unless they are the more vertical cumulus congestus form?

- No, but I do know most of them looks like cotton candy- she added and smiled- I could also eat some cotton candy

- But you already convinced me to get some hotcakes

- I did?- (Y/N) sat down and smiled like a four years old kid on Christmas morning- 'Cos I could eat a huge pile of chocolate pancakes right now, honey bunny

Spencer sighed and melted at the nickname.

- Let's go then.

And that's why he was decided to give her a cloud. A cumulus. 'Cos now clouds made him think of her, and he wanted to make sure she would think of him with them too.

- Ok, so far we have a simple Ivory soap cut in four pieces on a dish in the microwave, but in exactly one minute, we are going to have something completely different- Spencer pressed start and cooked the bar of soap, as his friends waited anxiously for the result.

He stared at (Y/N) for a few seconds, her eyes were fixated on the microwave, trying to see what was going on inside. He bit his lips and held his breath for a moment until he felt Derek's elbow on his arm.

- Wake up, Romeo, the microwave is- the beeping interrupted Morgan, and Spencer quickly moved to open the door.

- Ladies and germs, I give you... the fluffiest cumulus on earth!- (Y/N)'s eyes wide opened as Reid took the dish with the soap, which had turned into a cloud, a perfect fluffy cloud made of soap.

- This is so awesome!- the girl almost yelled as she saw it, and Spencer felt his heart racing in his chest with her reaction. Her smile was brightening his day.

- Just like the ones we saw Saturday- he said and handed over the cloud to her- And you can still use it, you can take a bath with the cloud

- Really? can I keep it?- (Y/N) was way more thrilled than anyone else on the team. Not only because she loved clouds, but also 'cos she loved how excited Spencer got when he did those magic tricks.

- Of course, you can! I... I...- Reid stuttered for a second, completely flustered- I made it for you, actually- it was hard not to blush for Reid, but under those circumstances, it was even harder. He could feel his face burning as (Y/N) smiled at him and pecked his cheek, blushing as well.

- Thank you honeybunny!!

- You are welcome...- the girl turned around to show her new cloud to the rest of the team-... Buttercup...- Spencer whispered the loving nickname, but no one heard him... except Morgan.

- That's called game, kid- he whispered and tapped on Reid's back, who looked down at his feet, embarrassed, but still smiling- Well played, man.