The carnival's challenge (Spencer Reid/Reader)

Requested: Yes.

Summary: Reader needs to get a gigantic stuffed animal and Reid is determined to get it for her.

Category: Hardcore fluff.

Warning: Hardcore fluff, you've been warned.

Word count: 1K

-

It was supposed to be a fun day. Not every day the team got the chance to spend their evening in a summer carnival. And they were honestly excited. Even Hotch kept laughing. Yes, no one else could believe it. It was something you had to see to believe.

Morgan and Emily were all over the place, trying to ride as many attractions as possible. JJ, Henry, Jack, and Penelope followed close behind, but stayed away from the one that looked a little less secure (most of them as a matter of fact), and took the kids to the children rides, while Hotch and Rossi enjoyed as many corn dogs as they could.

Reid was looking for (Y/N), his girlfriend. She said was going to get something to drink and never came back. Reid was starting to get worried, as the apprehensive boyfriend he could be. To be fair, when you have a job that implies your life is constantly in danger, you might be scared bad things could happen all the time.

When he finally found her, she was sitting on a bench, eating pink cotton candy.

- "Hey, what are you doing here?"

- "Nothing- she whispered, pouting"

- "Hey, what happened? I thought you were excited about the bumper cars"- Spencer sat next to her and held her hand. She didn't move.

- "Ok, what's wrong?"

- "Nothing"- she murmured again and sighed- "Ok, promise me you won't make fun of me."

- "I could never"- and Reid meant it, he really did.

- "I swear, you could"- she shook her head, embarrassed of what she was going to confess.

- "You know that game, the crossbow shoot?"

- "Yes... what happened there?"- (Y/N) bit the inside of her cheeks and looked at her boyfriend.

- "They didn't give me a prize I won"

- "What? Why?!"- Reid nearly jumped. Someone had made his girlfriend sad. And that certain someone had to pay.

- "They said it was for little girls only and told me I was too old to claim the prize."

Spencer Reid felt his blood boiling. It wasn't a major problem, but still, he couldn't believe someone could deny his girlfriend the stuffed animal she had won.

- "Where's that booth?"- he asked and stood up, holding her hand.

- "What are you going to do?"

- "I'm gonna get you that prize. No one makes my girlfriend sad"- (Y/N) blushed and smiled shyly. Spencer leaned in and kissed her sweetly.

Spencer asked Rossi, Hotch, and Morgan to come along to make sure he would get the prize (he completely mistrusted his own skills as a shooter). And along came the rest of the team. (Y/N) was still a little embarrassed, but now absolutely excited her boyfriend would do whatever it took to make her happy, even when that meant winning a gigantic stuffed animal.

The combination of Morgan, Ross, and Hotch shooting was incredible, just like when they were on the field. But it was nothing compared to the determination Spencer Reid showed. He spent the incredible amount of ten dollars until he finally got (Y/N) the prize she wanted.

- "There you go, sir"- Spencer looked at the prize and wide opened his eyes.

- "Wow... that's.... big"

- "Your son is going to love it."- the man said as he gave him a giant stuffed panda bear. Gigantic. We are talking about a 3 ft tall panda bear.

- "It's not for my son... it's for my girlfriend"- Spencer smiled and turned around, feeling like a winner.

- "That's not going to fit in your car, Pretty boy."- Morgan teased, laughing. But it didn't matter to Reid when he saw (Y/N)'s grin and the sparkles in her eyes. His heart swelled with love as he stared at her. He didn't care if he had to walk back home carrying the bear, as long as she was happy.

Morgan was right. It took Spencer (with a little help from Rossi and Hotch) a good ten minutes to put the bear in his car. But that was nothing compared to the next challenge he had to face.

The bear was so big it took up half their living room. They couldn't put it in the room 'cos it didn't fit there either. It was the stuffed animal or the bed, but not both at the same time. (Y/N) turned to her boyfriend with a guilty look in her eyes as he stared at the scene.

- "I'm sorry"- she whispered and walked to him, wrapping her arms around him- "I just wanted to win a big prize, and now we don't longer fit in our own apartment"- Spencer chuckled and kissed the top of her head, wrapping his arms around her.

- "It's ok, bunny. Maybe we can get rid of the couches and use the bear to sit on. I bet it's comfy."

- "Only one way to find out"- (Y/N) took her boyfriend's hand and crawled him to the bear. He smiled childishly as the two of them sat and laid on the bear's tummy.

- "You are right; it's comfy"- she whispered and giggled- "I can't believe we have a gigantic bear in our living room."

- "We are going to start looking for a bigger place,"- Spencer whispered and turned to her- "Maybe a place with an extra room for the bear... and maybe someone who could play with it"- (Y/N)'s heart stopped as she stared at him in silence. She wasn't even blinking while Spencer kept smiling.

- "You mean... a little human to play with it?"- she managed to ask, and Spencer nodded.

- "A little Spencer to play with it?"- she added and felt how his lips touched hers, kissing her so sweetly and softly, it felt like their first kiss all over again.

- "A little (Y/N) would be perfect for this bear. And I would spoil her with all the stuffed animals she'd ask for. Just like I like to spoil you."

(Y/N) bit her lips and did her best to breathe normally. The thought of having babies with Spencer sounded like a dream.

- "I love you so much, Spencer."- she whispered and leaned in to kiss him again.

- "I love you more, (Y/N)"- he answered into the kiss and chuckled- "But I don't wanna make out on our baby's bear."

- "It's still my bear, Spencer"- (Y/N)'s answered, raising an eyebrow- "Don't forget that."