Nemesis (Spencer Reid/ Reader)

Requested: Can I request a Spencer x reader where they're dating and she's always been quiet about her past but then a case comes up in her hometown and her whole past gets uncovered and it's pretty bad. That's when they realize why she had been acting like that.

Summary: A case takes the team back to Seatle, (Y/N)'s hometown, only to discover her past was darker than they had ever imagined.

Pairing: Spencer Reid/Reader

Warnings: Angst, bloody crime details, Criminal Mind usual content, fluff at the end 'cos I can't help it. Also, cursing but that's just how I roll.

Word count: 2,7K

A/N: I'm real proud of this story, but it's pretty dark. Let me know what you think :)  

It was obvious there was something wrong with (Y/N). Spencer could see it clearly, though she kept telling him everything was ok. It was easy to read her after working together for five years and dating the last two.

Reid knew he shouldn't profiler his girlfriend, but he couldn't help it when he saw the painful expression on her face. She tried to smile when she noticed he was looking at her, but that just made it worse 'cos now he was sure there was something awfully wrong with her.

She wasn't like that when they woke up. She had spent the night over in his apartment, and she looked happy. She made hotcakes for breakfast, and they laughed the whole way to Quantico, talking about the movie they had seen the night before.

But everything changed the second they received the information of the serial killer they had to catch.

-

When Garcia presented the case, Spencer noticed how his girlfriend's face turned white. She didn't even look at the pictures of the crime scenes. (Y/N) fixed her eyes on her notebook on the table and crossed her arms on her chest. She didn't speak during the briefing, just bite her lips and the inside of her cheeks the whole time.

- "Today, my dear furry friends, you will be flying to (Y/N) 's hometown, rainy Seattle, for a case that will give me nightmares for the rest week, so I refuse to look at the screen"

(Y/N) held her breath and stayed as still as possible on her chair.

- "The unsub is targeting couples in their late thirties. He stabs them to death in their bed, places the bodies as if they were asleep, and forces the kids to lay between them. Then, he locks them in the house until they manage to escape".

Hotch sighed and looked at the team. Family-related cases always were the hardest for him and J.J. Especially when there were kids involved.

- "The police department asked for our help because they think it might be related to four unsolved murders that took place in Seattle back in the nineties"-

Garcia finished. Hotch stood up and announced, "wheels up in twenty", and everybody left the room. Everybody but (Y/N), who couldn't move.

- "Hey... are you ok?"- Spencer stood in front of her chair and held her hands. She just nodded and tried her best to smile.

- "I'm just tired, honey, that's all. It's been a long week".

- "You can tell me if there's anything wrong, buttercup, you know that"- she tried to smile and stood up. Spencer cupped her face with both hands and kissed her lips sweetly.

(Y/N) held her breath for a few seconds, making her best not to cry. When he looked at her, she cut him a small smile, trying to show him everything was ok.