Character development (Matthew Gray Gubler / Reader)

A/N: I don't know if any of you haven't seen or doesn't know what happens with Spencer in Season 8, but anyway: HUGE SPOILERS ALERT OF SEASON 8 of CRIMINAL MINDS.

Requested: Yes. "Hi! I was wondering if you could do a Matthew/reader one where the reader is watching criminal minds, and Maeve just died, and the reader is sad and finds out Matthew suggested that Maeve's character got killed off, and Matthew makes it up to her."

Summary: Gubler reaches home and finds a very depressed girlfriend waiting for him to talk about the bad things that had just happened to Spencer in that week's episode of Criminal Minds.

Category: Fluff

Warnings: Well, spoilers of season 8 of CM, I think a curse or two, and that's it.

Wordcount: 1,6 K

The whole house was in silence when Matthew walked in. That was weird. Since he and his girlfriend (Y/N) moved in together, he was greeted with laughter, music, hugs, and kisses every time he got home.

But not that day. Silence and darkness in the whole house were all that welcomed Matthew.

- "Bunny?"- he asked, frowning confused- "Are you home?"

But nothing. Only silence.

Matthew walked around the house. It was so quiet it was creepy.

- "(Y/N)?"

- "In here"- her voice was small, and it took Matthew a minute to find her, curled up on a couch. The tv screen was the only light in the whole room.

- "Hey, Bunny"- Gubler sat next to her and kissed her lips sweetly- "Are you ok?"

- "Yeah,"- she whispered and cut him the worst smile ever- "Did you have fun with your friends today?"

- "Yeah, we had dinner, watched a movie. It was fun. What did you do?"- Gubler knew there was something wrong with his girlfriend, and he wasn't going to let it pass.

- "Nothing. I just watched tv."

- "And did something happen today at work?"- but (Y/N) shook her head- "Then why are you so sad? Your eyes are puffy, Bunny. What is it?"

- "It's honestly nothing. I just..."- (Y/N) turned off the tv and sighed- "I watched today's episode of Criminal Minds."

- "Oh..."- Matthew thought about it for a second until it finally hit him.

That week's episode was "Zugzwang," and he knew it would be a rough one for everybody. It had actually been hard to film. Reid's girlfriend would die right in front of him, and Matthew knew (Y/N) wasn't going to take that episode very well. Ok, no one would, but she really wanted Spencer to have a girlfriend, finally.

- "Oh... so, what did you think?"- (Y/N) looked at him and almost rolled her eyes.

- "Look at me, I've been crying for an hour,"- Gubler chuckled and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, cuddling her.

- "Come on, Bunny. It's just a tv show."

- "I know, but can you explain why Maeve had to die? why can't Spencie be happy?"

- "Why do you call him Spencie?"- Gubler frowned and looked at her confused, but she dismissed his question and pouted instead.

- "Honey, why did they decide to kill Maeve? Why didn't you argue against that stupid decision? Reid needs a girlfriend."