Insomnia (Matthew Gray Gubler/ Reader)

Summary: Matthew can't sleep when he is home alone, and wakes up reader just to tell her he misses her

Warning: Mentions of sex

Pairing: Matthew Gray Gubler/ Reader

Word counting: 1,5K

It was three in the morning, and the whole house was quiet. Matthew Gray Gubler's eyes were wide opened. He couldn't sleep, though he had gotten into bed feeling exhausted. He rolled and sighed, feeling the cold sheets next to him. His girlfriend wasn't in town, and he hated sleeping alone ever since they had moved in together.

It felt weird being on his own. He wasn't used to it anymore, not after seven years with (Y/N).

Seven years dating, where did the time go?

Gubler sat on the bed scratching his head, frustrated. He was tired, and he couldn't sleep. Luckily, it was Saturday, and he had nothing to do the next day. If (Y/N) had been home, she would have already made a plan for the day, even if that plan was staying in their pajamas and doing nothing. And Gubler would have loved the idea. Of course, he could do it on his own, but it wasn't fun if she wasn't around.

- Fuck!- he groaned and laid down. He was the guy that couldn't sleep if his girlfriend wasn't around. He used to make fun of his friends when they acted like that. And now... now the bed was too big, the house was too quiet, his life was too lonely without (Y/N) there.

It was a fact, Gubler wasn't going to sleep that night. He rolled in bed again and hugged the pillow. It still smelled like her. Somehow, the night had turned into torture. He knew it was late, but he had to talk to her.

- Hello? Bunny?- Matthew whispered, knowing he was waking up girlfriend in the middle of the night

- Honey, what happened? Are you ok?- her murmurs at the other side of the line made him sigh and smile immediately, they felt like home.

- I'm sorry I woke you up, I just miss you- Matthew muttered feeling silly and corny- I couldn't sleep

- I miss you too Gub...- (Y/N) yawned and turned on the light on the nightstand- But I'll be home tomorrow night

- I know... but tomorrow ain't coming fast enough- (Y/N)'s heart was swollen, she knew Matthew loved her, he told her every day. But the fact he missed her so much, even when she had been away only for five days, made her feel their relationship was still strong.

- Besides, I think I saw a ghost in the hall, it was trying to be creepy, but it just couldn't because it looked so friendly, so I walked to it to say hi and talk to it for a while, I mean it's a ghost, it has to be lonely... but then, it vanished- Gubler explained in a very calmed voice and with a big smile across his face. He didn't need an excuse to call his own girlfriend, but still, it was always fun to make things up.

- Wait, a ghost in the hall?

- Yes

- White sheet, funny eyes, floating around wearing a weird crazy hat?- (Y/N) questioned as she rolled in bed and stared at the cold, empty space next to her, where Matthew should be, snoring by her side.

- Yeah!

- That's just Earl! He is a nice ghost! we talk a lot when you are not home- Gubler chuckled and ran a hand through the sheets at (Y/N)'s side of the bed- Don't make fun of his hat, though, he's very sensitive

- I'll keep it in mind...- they both stayed quiet for a few seconds, smiling on their own, holding the phone close.

- Just a few more hours, honey, I'm gonna be home soon- (Y/N) whispered, and Gubler nodded with his eyes closed, and though she couldn't see him, she knew what he was doing.