Mildred (Spencer Reid x Fem!reader)

Summary: After prison, Spencer can't get out of the house, and the team tries to help. Could I cute dog walker finally get him out of his apartment?

Category: Fluff

Word count: 2,7K

A/N: Hi guys!! I am alive! and I finally wrote something!! I love you all!!

---

Honestly, your work was perfect. If anyone asked, you didn't actually like talking with humans, less interacting with them. So when you decided to become a dog walker after quitting your last job as a hotel receptionist, you embraced spending all your time surrounded by dogs.

It was just what you needed.

Human contact was overrated. At least that's what you told yourself every day. Each morning, you got up, grabbed a coffee to go, and picked up your first five dogs. You walked them to the park, played with them, watched them enjoy their moment of freedom, and right before lunch, you took them back to their owners. Then you grabbed a quick bite, picked up the next three dogs, and did the exact same until five pm. Honestly, it was heaven. You didn't even care what people said you didn't make enough money. Mental health had no price. And staying away from humans was your therapy.

When did it all change? When you met Mildred.

You got a phone call from an awkward guy who saw one of your ads on his building's board. He asked if you could help him walk his dog every day, 'cos his work schedule didn't give him enough time to do it himself. You didn't want the details. You were glad you had another dog to join your pack.

So the following afternoon, right after eating a sandwich sitting at a park, you walked to pick up the new dog. You figured you should go get her first and get to know her a little before introducing her to her new buddies.

Mildred lived in your neighborhood, just like most of the dogs you walked every day. But Mildred lived in your building. Two floors down your apartment. You knocked on the door of apartment #23 and heard two pairs of paws running over, as barks could be heard from the other side of the door.

- "Calm down, calm down,"- the owner's voice said, and you could tell Mildred wasn't very used to going out. It took them a few seconds to open the door. The owner was probably trying to calm the poor dog down and avoid her running away as soon as he opened the door.

You knew you had to introduce yourself, but when the door finally opened, there was a long silence. You just stared at the guy holding a black french bulldog in front of you, and your brain turned to mush. Literally, you could feel the brain cells dying inside your head. That was the most handsome man you had ever seen.

- "Hi, are you the dog walker?"- he asked and stared at you, waiting for your reply. It actually took you another minute to manage to say:

- "Hi, I'm (Y/N) (Y/L/N)"- and that was the best you could do.

- "Nice to meet you, (Y/N). I'm doctor Spencer Reid."- Dr. The guy was a doctor. It was official: he was too good for you- "Hope you are ready to take Mildred. She has been eager to leave the house since..."- Spencer made a pause because he didn't know what else to say.

- "Don't worry, I'll take care of her."- you answered and focused on the dog. "Are you ready to meet your new friends?"

- "Friends?"- Spencer was almost scared- "It's not gonna be just her?"

- "No, we are gonna walk with our pack. It's just three more dogs, very friendly and well-behaved. You have nothing to worry about."

But Spencer was worried. He was freaking out, actually. Since he closed the door behind your back, all he could think of was how bad he felt for not walking Mildred himself. She was his responsibility, his homework. His therapy. But he couldn't take care of her properly, not yet. And before failing miserably in reinserting himself into society after the trauma of spending three months in prison, he decided to pay someone to walk the door for him.