The Devil's food cake situation (Matthew Gray Gubler / Reader)

Requested?: Yes!

Okay, I've been thinking about this a lot. But what about Matthew being jokingly mad at you and you trying to cuddle him, him being the little spoon and everything, so that he stops ignoring you. I just live for the fluff. 🥺

Category: Fluff

Summary: One fake argument ends up being the sweetest moment Gubler and (Y/N) had ever shared.

Warnings: I curse. But you are awesome; you can deal with it.

Word count: 1.7K

A/N: Hey everybody!! I just wanted to tell you I love you! I love all your comments and rambles on each one of these stories! Thank you for your reading!! have a great weekend!!  

********************************

It was a quiet Wednesday night in the Gubler house. Matthew walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, looking for something sweet to eat. He and his wife were having a quiet evening at home, doing nothing after a long day. Gubler had worked most of the night, filming Criminal Minds, and (Y/N) had been sick for a few days, so she also welcomed a day off in the middle of the week.

- "Do you want something to eat, Bunny?"- he yelled from the kitchen, and (Y/N) shook her head as she shouted back, not taking her eyes from her book.

- "No, honey! Thank you"

Gubler kept looking inside the fridge, not finding what he was looking for. He thought he just wanted something, anything. But of course, he actually had one specific craving.

- "Bunny? Did you eat the devil's food cake?"

(Y/N) bit her lips and held her breath.

- "What?"

- "I left some cake here earlier. I took home from the set in the morning. You ate yours at breakfast, and I saved mine for later. Do you remember?"

(Y/N)'s silence was too long and too obvious. Matthew instantly knew what had happened to his cake.

- "Bunny?"- Gubler walked back to the family room, crossing his arms on his chest- "Where is my cake?"

- "I..."- (Y/N) smiled and shrugged- "I have no idea what you are talking about, honey."

- "Really? Did it just disappear from the fridge on its own?"- Matthew walked to her slowly as she casually left her book aside and stood up.

- "I don't know. Maybe"

- "You ate my cake."- Gubler stated and looked how (Y/N) opened her eyes and pretended to be in shock.

- "What an outrageous attack!!"- she gasped and took a few more steps back, away from Gubler- "I would never eat your cake!"

- "(Y/F/N) (Y/S/N) Gubler. You are full of shit! Just admit you ate my cake!!"

(Y/N) smiled and shook her head. She reached the stairs and stared at her husband.

- "It wasn't even that good."- she whispered playfully, thinking maybe Matthew couldn't hear her. But no, he heard her clearly and gasped, falsely insulted.

- "That cake was perfect!"

- "Not really, it was a little dry."- she teased, biting her lips as she kept looking at him.

- "You take that back now!"

- "Never!"- (Y/N) stuck out her tongue at him and ran upstairs as soon as she noticed Gubler was coming after her.