Prompts (MGGx Fem!reader)

Requested: Nope

Warnings: zero, nothing, maybe a curse, but that's it.

Summary: (Y/N) Gubler needs her husband's help to pick a prompt to write a Halloween story. Luckily, Matthew is a Halloween expert.

A/N: Honestly, I wrote thisbecauses I asked one of my best friends for Halloween prompts ideas, and she said "Wouldn't it be great to ask Matthew?"... so I did. And this happened.

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

(Y/N) lit a candle and held a few crystals close to her chest for a few seconds, as she mumbled something. After a moment, she sighed, looked before her, and left the stones beside the candle.

- "Come to me, come to me."- she whispered as she stared at a blank page in her computer.- "Inspiration, please come to me."

- "Hey Bunny, how's the writing doing?"- Matthew's voice nearly made her jump as he walked into the room holding two fresh cups of coffee.

- "It's not going anywhere."- the writer sighed as she accepted with a smile the hot beverage her husband brought her.

- "What's wrong? Can't focus?"

- "I have zero idea what to write."- she pouted as Gubler sipped his coffee. - "Not true, I know I wanna write short Halloween stories. I just need some prompts to inspire me."

- "Maybe I can help. I don't know if you've heard but... I'm kind of a Halloween expert."

- "It's September 18th, still hot as balls out there, and our house is fully decorated for Gublerween, sir. I know Halloween is your life."

- "And yet, you force me to celebrate HalloReid every single freaking year. That guy is stealing my thunder."

Gubler pretended to be upset, the same he did every time his famous character "Spencer Reid" was mentioned around the house. His wife chuckled and shook her head as she stared at him, sitting on her desk, looking as dreamy as always.

- "You shouldn't be jealous of Spence. I told you I just like him as a friend. It's you the one I married."- Guber chuckled at those words and moved a chair closer to him to sit next to his wife.

- "Ok, then let me help you with your writing problem."

- "Fine... so, I need prompt ideas for short stories."

- "What about a vampire story? You haven't written anything like that as far as I remember."

- "One, a million years ago, about a vampire who wanted to be human. He was fun, he actually went to therapy."- (Y/N) commented, feeling excited about that particular story. No one had read it, but she was proud of it.

- "Doesn't sound creepy enough for Halloween."- Gub argued right away- "How about vampires getting ready to throw a party at their castle?"

- "Doesn't sound creepy either."- (Y/N) complained and stuck her tongue out to her husband.

- "Very mature, but I wasn't finished yet. They are throwing a party to suck all the blood from their guesses."

- "No one will ever leave the ball alive."- Mrs. Gubler added with a creepy voice and her husband nodded, excited.

- "Exactly!"

- "It has potential, give me more."- Matthew left his coffee on the desk and wrapped his arms around her waist.- "Give me more ideas!!"

- "Sorry! You have to be more specific!"- he chuckled and kissed her neck before letting her go. - "Okay, more Halloween ideas... how about a story about a woman who hates clowns and her husband secretly decides to hire a clown for their son's birthday party, which just happens to be on Halloween?"

(Y/N) stared at Matthew, who smiled at her, trying to hold back the chuckles.

- "That's not a story prompt, that's what you did last year! And you nearly killed me!"

- "You have to get over your clown fear!"

- "I will not have this argument with you again."- she crossed her arms on her chest and shook her head. Matthew just smiled and kissed the tip of her nose with a sweet smile.

- "Fine... how about dating someone and discovering they are not human?"

- "I told you I'm not writing about us!"- she joked and Gubler laughed.

- "Fair enough, Bunny! I have one last idea and then I'll leave you to write in peace."

- "Give me your best prompt"- she replied with a playful smile.

- "Why don't you write about a costume competition at a Halloween party?"

- "It's not creepy"- the writer whined immediately, but Matthew smiled and stood up.

- "Not a creepy prompt, but you can add a lot to that idea. Think about it. It could have it all: fun, weird costumes, the surprise creepy element."- (Y/N) thought about it and nodded.

- "Sold! I'm writing that."

- "Great! I can't wait to read it!"- Matthew leaned over and kissed his wife's lips softly.- "And meanwhile, I'm gonna pick up the kids from school."

- "I'll make good use of the quiet of the house in the meantime then."

- "If you want, I could keep them out of the house for a little longer."- Gubler smiled innocently, but his wife saw through him.

- "You are not taking them to get more Halloween decorations!"

- "Oh come on!! I think there's an empty spot under the stairs! We can't have that!"

- "No Gub. Oh! And don't forget this Thursday it's the evening parent-teacher conference. You go to Vinnie's and I go to Tilly's."

- "Can we swap? I always get Vinnie."

- "Because Tilly's teacher keeps flirting with you."- Mrs. Gubler replied immediately, making her husband laugh.

- "As she could ever stand a chance next to you."- Matthew winked at (Y/N) and walked out of the room shouting "Love you". She smiled and grabbed the cup of coffee one more time.

- "Now, a costume contest at a Halloween party... costume party... let's do this."