Baby Gubs (Matthew Gray Gubler / Reader)

Requested: Yes

"Matthew x reader, his wife (the reader) goes into labor, and the next story is the same thing but spencer Reid x reader."

Summary: Matthew Gray Gubler is having a hard time putting his shit together when his wife goes into labor.

Pairing: Matthew Gray Gubler/Reader

Category: Fluff

Warnings: I curse. We all know it. 

Word count: 1,3K

A/N: Here's the second part!! I hope you like it! 

- "Ok! It's ok! Everything is ok!"- Matthew ran downstairs and left a bag next to the door. Then, he ran to the kitchen and came back, carrying a bottle of cold water.

- "What ar..."- his wife looked at him confused, sitting on a couch, trying not to laugh, as she caressed her big pregnant belly, trying to breathe each time she felt a contraction. It was time, their son was coming, and Matthew was... well, he was all over the place.

- "You might get thirsty.... oh shit! I have to stop for ice!!"- Gubler kept running all over the house, rambling, hysterical.

- "Matthew..."

- "The doctor said you might eat some ice. I don't remember why... but I have to get you ice."

- "Matthew..."

- "I don't know if I put everything in the bag...."

- "Gubs!!"- (Y/N) slowly stood up and walked to her husband, who was clearly freaking out- "The contractions started just half an hour ago. My water hasn't even..."

But the water that ran down her legs as she spoke stopped her immediately, and she just widened her eyes.

- "What the hell is that?!!"- and Matthew Gray Gubler freaked out even more- "Are you in pain??! are you ok?!"

- "I'm ok. This means my water just broke, but I'm fine. Your son will join us shortly, so I think it's the right time to go to the hospital."- (Y/N) said in the calmest and softest tone of voice she could. She could see her husband's face. He was panicking.

- "Ok, ok... let's go,"- he answered, but didn't move an inch- "I'm not feeling alright. I think I'm gonna puke."

(Y/N) smiled and offered him the bottle of water he had given her earlier.

- "Come on, Gubs, breathe, you can do this. You liked making the baby. You are gonna love this part too."

Matthew Gray Guber thought he was prepared for that day. He and (Y/N) got everything ready as the due date of their baby approached. They had their bags ready. They had weekly check-ups with their doctor, and the midwife (Y/N) wanted to deliver their baby.

Matthew was sure he was ready. But he wasn't. Not because he was scared to be a dad. He was born to be a father, and he couldn't wait to hold his son in his arms and play with him. Teach him how to walk, how to ride his bike, take him to Disney, and watch him grow up. He had so many plans for his family. But right that minute, all he felt was fear.

Fear of ruining everything. Fear of being the worst father. Fear of being a bad husband. Fear of letting his wife down.

Somehow, getting closer to fatherhood had also made him feel vulnerable. Aware of all of his mistakes and flaws.