"Heather" (Spencer Reid x Fem!reader)

Summary: Spencer has to learn how to live without Mildred, that's when he decided to adopt Heather. And you? you look at him, sighing in love, wondering when he will finally kiss you.

Category: Hardcore Fluff

Word count: 3,5K

A/N: Hi guys!! thank you so much for requesting a second part of Mildred!! I hope this tsunami of fluffiness makes your day a little better. Love you!!

.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.

Spencer didn't want to face it, but he was sad. Depressed even. He knew the day had come, but he wasn't ready. He had to let Mildred go that evening, and the fact he didn't want to be alone again brought him more questions than he wanted to deal with.

Dr. Reid got himself a cup of fresh coffee and looked at Mildred, playing with one of her toys. What was he going to do now? He still had another month of medical leave, and though he couldn't admit it openly, that dog had gotten a piece of his heart.

Spencer Reid a pet lover. Who knew? The only pet he had ever had before was a fish named Tesla, who suffered a tragic death after a blackout messed with the feeder's timer while Spencer was out of town on a case. After that experience, he promised himself he wouldn't get another animal.

But now... now he, in fact, wanted a dog. It felt right. Besides, now he had you. You had been there for him that entire month, helping him take care of Mildred and slowly becoming his favorite person. Spencer was scared to have a crush on you because even when he had asked you out for coffee a few times and hung out with you daily, he had never tried to kiss you. He has thought about it, maybe a little bit too much. But he hadn't had the guts to do it yet.

A knock on the door took him from his thoughts. He quickly answered and saw Mildred running as soon as he opened the apartment door.

- "Hello there, firecracker!"- you said, chuckling, and kneeled to pet Mildred immediately.

- "She was playing and almost sleeping a minute ago. She really gets excited when you come"- Spencer bit his lips and smiled at you, thinking he gets just as excited. But you are not rubbing his belly, which is slightly disappointing somehow.

- "Are you coming with us for her last walk? I have to pick up the gang, and I am almost late."

- "Yes, we are ready. My friend said he was gonna meet us at the park."- Spencer held the leash and put it on the black bulldog. You looked at them with a big smile and walked out of the apartment.

Twenty minutes later, Spencer was playing fetch with Mildred in the middle of the park. It was a warm afternoon, and sweat started forming on his forehead, underneath his messy hair. You were setting a few dishes with water for the other three dogs you were taking care of. You still considered Mildred one of your dogs, even when Spencer would come every day with you to your walks and play with all the dogs in your pack.

Every day. Including Sunday, when you just walked Mildred. Spencer would usually invite you for a coffee in a pet-friendly coffee shop in the neighborhood and talk about anything. Reid was someone you felt comfortable with, which didn't happen very often. And, Jesus! he was hot. You stared at him for a few minutes as he played with Mildred, and you swore no one had ever looked so good sweating before.

- "Can I get you something to drink?"- Spencer asked and smiled as he walked over, Mildred rushing to the bowls of water.

- "Yes, please."

- "Coffee?"

- "Ice coffee if there is."- you cut him a sweet smile that made his heart flutter and nodded.