"You are gonna be the best dad" (Spencer Reid x Wife!Reader)

Requested: Yes

Summary: Spencer's wife wants to tell him she is pregnant. But life gets in the way. And the whole team might find out before Reid.

Category: Fluff

Word count: 5,2K

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Wife!Fem!Reader

******

Saturday

When (Y/N) realized her period was late, she didn't want to tell Spencer right away. They had been trying to get pregnant for the last four months, and she didn't want to give him any false hope. She wanted to wait and talk with her doctor to have a confirmation first.

Though honestly, she couldn't wait for so long. So she turned to her best friend and asked for moral support the following morning when she showed up at Lu's door with breakfast and a paper bag filled with pregnancy tests.

- "You are late?!"- Lu shouted and wide opened her eyes as (Y/N) smiled nervously.

- "A little. It's probably nothing. I brought a few tests to rule out any false suspicion."

- "Does Spencer know?"- (Y/N) just shook her head and looked down- "Why not?"

- "I don't wanna disappoint him! I wanna tell him only when I'm sure."

- "You are never gonna disappoint him. That man has loved you for the last seven years!"

- "Well, I wanna give him a baby! not just hopes. So I won't tell him anything until I'm sure there is a tiny Spencer Reid in my belly."

Lu looked at (Y/N) and sighed. She could clearly see he friend freaking out, and it was useless to talk about it. All Lu could do was to listen and support her.

- "Ok, so are you ready to pee on a stick?"- Lu asked her friend, and she shook her head, sipping her coffee- "You are already here. You might as well just get this over with."

- "Fine. But I need you here for moral support. I've never done this before."- Lu chuckled as she walked with (Y/N) to the bathroom.

- "Come on! I've known you my whole life! there is no way this is the first time you take a pregnancy test!"

- "I had never been two weeks late before!"- (Y/N) nearly shouted.

- "Two weeks? Honey, skip the test! let's go get you some maternity clothes already! you are so pregnant!"

- "You know Lu, I came for the support, and right now, you are freaking me out!!"- the young SSA nearly shouted as she held the paper bag tight in her hand.

- "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just wasn't expecting this. Expecting, no pun intended."- Lu giggled at her bad joke, but (Y/N) didn't even smile- "Ok, sorry. I'll stop."

- "You are acting just like Frank. And there's a reason why I didn't turn to him for moral support!!"

- "I am not."

- "Then be a good friend and help me pee on the stick!"

Many factors were freaking (Y/N) out. For starters, she hadn't even thought what it would mean for her and her husband to have a kid working at the BAU. She loved her job with her life. But she loved Spencer more. And the life she had with him was way more important than any professional gratification.

Did having kids mean she had to quit her job? she didn't know. She had refused to think about it until that day. (Y/N) was scared to repeat her father's mistake, putting work before his family. She knew the BAU was demanding, and it was easy to get lost in how crazy things could get.