The house of wolves (Spencer Reid x Reader)

Word count: 3,8K

Summary: Spencer has a secret he has kept from everybody, including his girlfriend. But with a wedding coming soon and Halloween, things start getting complicated for Reid. 

Category: Fluff with a dash of angst and a little bit of supernatural. 

Warnings: Cursing 

A/N: Hello everybody!! Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoy this Halloween fanfic, and I hope your evening is filled with horror movies, costumes, and candies. At least that's my plan. 

-- 

Spencer Reid had a secret. One he couldn't tell anyone. No one in the team knew, even when he had been part of the BAU for five years already. Not even his fiancée knew, and they were supposed to marry in a few weeks.

Would she leave him if she knew? Spencer was sure she would. He was ashamed of his nature. Of what he was capable of. He didn't feel better than the unsubs he and the team hunted. Maybe he liked tracking down the bad guys to compensate for his consciousness.

Maybe he just wanted to reduce his competition.

But there was going to be a full moon on Halloween that year. That meant it was going to be nearly impossible to hide from (Y/N) that night. Halloween was her favorite holiday, and she had been planning that day for months.

How had he managed to keep from everybody that he was a werewolf? He didn't know. It had taken all in him to make sure no one could find out, including some senseless arguments with (Y/N) that he wished they had never had.

Spencer wasn't ashamed of what he was; he just didn't want to scare people away. It's not like he was proud, but he couldn't help it at that point. He had been cursed at fifteen by a witch classmate in his Latin class in college. He begged for weeks, but nothing couldn't make her reverse the spell. Now, after all those years, Spencer had made his peace with it. Everyone has secrets; at least, that's what he kept telling himself as a mantra.

- "Ok, so I've got everything ready for Halloween!"- (Y/N) sat on her shared bed with Spencer and looked at him take off his tie. The way he stopped moving for a second and then turned around to walk to the bathroom gave more away than he imagined.

- "Have you thought what will happen if we get a case?"- he asked and looked at himself in the mirror for a second.

- "Yeah. I've got a plan b, in case we are out of the city."- she said and walked over to her fiance. He nodded and continued brushing his teeth. (Y/N) stared at him for a second and then turned around, walking back to bed.

- "I just hope nothing ruins it. I'm so excited! do wanna know all the details?"

- "Sure,"- Spencer answered, spitting on the sink.

- "I got us tickets to the new hunted house you wanted to visit, we have to be there at seven, then I got us dinner reservations at nine in an old restaurant that's supposed to be actually hunted, and finally, there's a screening of the original Pet Semetary at midnight. It's going to be amazing!"

Spencer's chest tightened in pain to think he would miss all the activities his fiancée had prepared 'cos he was a werewolf, and the only thing he was going to do for the following three nights was to hide from her.

- "Yeah, sounds great! I can't wait."

(Y/N) sighed and continued reading. Spencer was still locked in the bathroom after almost half an hour. In her guts, she could feel something wrong going on; she had sensed it before, but she pushed away those thoughts and decided to trust him. Spencer was the man (Y/N) wanted to spend the rest of her life with. The man she had loved for three years, six months, and 15 days. And counting.