Sleepless (Matthew Gray Gubler/ Reader)

Requested: Yes. Someone wrote to me asking new dad Gub, but I can't find the request. I hope you like it! Technically it's not "new dad," but it's a new dad of two... I hope that counts.

Pairing: Matthew Gray Gubler/ Reader/ and their kids

Summary: Matthew and his wife are trying to get used to having two kids instead of two.

Category: Hardcore fluff

Warnings: Nope

Word count: 1K

A/N:  This was originally part of "Dada" but ended up being a little story on its own. I hope you like it! You can't say no to dad!Gubs, right? 

Matthew knew it was going to be hard. Challenging, at least. But he never imagined it would be so exhausting. Neither he nor his wife (Y/N) remembered what sleeping more than two hours straight felt like.

And it had only been a month.

Stepping from having one kid to two was the most incredible and scary experience of their life. If only they knew what they were doing, Matthew and (Y/N) guessed they might feel better.

Vincent ran from his room to his parent's bedroom at four in the morning, crying.

- "Daddy!!"- he yelled, opening the door, waking up his parents and baby sister immediately.

- "Peanut, what happened?"

A groggy Matthew asked, sitting on the bed scratching his head. (Y/N) did the same and turned to the little crib by her side to hold her daughter. Little Mila had fallen asleep less than half an hour before, after two hours crying. Colics had been a severe issue for the last week, and (Y/N) had no idea what to do to help her baby.

Crying along with her seemed like an excellent idea at that point.

- "Daddy..."- Vincent whispered and crawled into bed. Matthew wrapped his arms around his son and noticed something weird immediately. His pajama was wet.

- "Come here, buddy."

Ever since Mila was born, Vincent had started wetting the bed. It used to be something sporadical before. Now, it happened almost every night.

- "There's a monter"- the toddler sobbed against his father's chest- "Can I sleep with you?"

- "Let's change into some clean pajamas first."

Mila stayed up until five in the morning after that, crying. (Y/N) and Matthew took turns carrying her around the room while Vincent was spread on the middle of their bed, sleeping like a little starfish.

- "Remember when we started dating, and we would talk until six in the morning after having sex?"- (Y/N) whispered, and Gubler smiled, nodding. He was carrying Mila, walking around the room, holding her with her chest down over one of his forearms, as he rubbed her back slowly.

- "Try to get some sleep, Bunny"- he whispered- "I'll take baby Bean to the nursery and try to calm her down."

- "I think I forgot how to sleep,"- she whispered and kissed her husband's cheek.

- "Peanut is the only one properly rested in this house. Should we worry about his bedwetting problem?"

- "He is adapting to Mila,"- (Y/N) murmured and looked at their three years old son- "I think he still needs to understand his little sister is not stealing his daddy."

Gubler nodded at those words and sighed. Mila was still crying, though she was tired too, and her sobs were softer.

- "Go to bed, Bunny. I've got this"- (Y/N) nodded and felt Matthew's lips on hers, leaving her with a sweet soft kiss before exiting the room, carrying one weary Mila to the nursery.

Matthew woke up the next morning on the rocking chair in Mila's room, holding her against his chest. His baby daughter was asleep, drooling on Gubler's pajamas. Words couldn't express how happy he felt, 'cos he actually tried to find them.

He always thought it was a cliché what they said about father's love being different when it came to their daughters. But it was. He loved Vincent with his whole heart, and he would protect him until the end of his days. But Mila was his heart. She owned him in a way he had never felt before. His little princess. What could she ask him that he wouldn't give her?

- "Daddy?"- Vincent stood by the door and looked at Matthew, still half asleep. He was wearing his little skeleton onesie, looking adorable.

- "Yes, Peanut?"- Vincent didn't answer. He strolled to his father.

- "Is my sister broken?"- Matthew nearly chuckled at the question but made his best not to make fun of his son when he noticed Vincent wasn't joking. He crawled onto his lap and looked at Mila, still asleep on their father's chest.

- "She is a little sick. That's why she has cried so much lately"- Gubler explained to his son- "And that's why mom and dad have been taking so much care of her."

- "Can I take care of her too?"- Vincent whispered, and his little hands touched Mila's back as softly as he could. Matthew's heart grew five inches of love just staring at his son trying to soother his little sister.

- "Of course you can, Peanut. You are her older brother, and you have to take care of her"

- "When can I play with her?"

- "You have to wait until she is a little older and she can walk. But meanwhile, we can do other fun things together."

- "Can we play hide and seek with her?"- Vincent whispered and moved closer to Matthew. The actor wrapped an arm around his son and kissed the top of his head.

- "Not yet, but we can read stories with her."

- "She can read?"- and Gubler chuckled softly.

- "Not yet, but she loves listening to the same stories you do."

- "Green eggs?"- Vincent asked and almost jumped on his father's lap. In the latest weeks, that had been the only book Matthew had read to his son, at his demand.

- "Yes"- but Gubler was starting to wish they could read something different, at least for one night- "Or maybe Rumple... do you like Rumple Buttercup?"

- "He's ok too"- Vincent nodded and kept his little eyes on his sister- "Can she ride a skate?"

- "Not yet, but we can teach her"- Matthew held both his kids tight and closed his eyes for a second.

- "I peed on mommy when I was sleeping,"- Vicent whispered suddenly- "It was an accident, but she didn't wake up. Is mommy dead?"- Matthew bit his lips and held his breath, trying not to laugh.

- "She is alive, Peanut. Don't worry. She is just tired. Come on, let's put an eye on her and make her a nice breakfast, ok?"

- "She's gonna be mad 'cos I peed on her,"- Vincent whispered, hiding his face on Matthew's chest.

- "That's why we are making her breakfast, Peanut."