4. fight

"I can't believe it!!" Helena exclaimed as she sat down beside Athanasia. "Why did you have to say yes to a jerk like Lucas!"

"Eh..?" was all Athanasia could utter.

"Athy, he's one of the dangerous students in here and I don't want you to get hurt!" Helena said, squishing the smaller's cheeks.

"Helena, it hurtsssss," Athanasia whined, flapping her hands.

Helena immediately let go and let out a small sorry. Instead of her cheeks, she held Athanasia's hand and leaned closer.

"Athy, you should've say no to him. You don't know what will happen if you stick to him."

"B-But... he.."

Helena blinked, tilting her head. "He....?" She stared at the smaller's flushed face for a moment and stood up with wide eyes as she gasped dramatically.

"D-Don't tell me..."

-

"PFFFFTTT!!" Emma choked on her drink as she heard what her friend said. She eyed at Helena and Athanasia back and fort.

"W-W-W-What did you say?!" She exclaimed and shooked Helena by the shoulders.

"Wkfjsjfjjcjsdjjcb s-stop it!!" Helena yelled, stopping the older from shaking her. "Ask her yourself!"

"Emma-nee, what's wrong?" Athanasia asked, tearing up. "Are you two fighting? D-Don't fight, Athy hates it when her friends fight!!"

"Athy, we're not fighting!!" Emma panicked, her hands flaying around as she tried to do something to calm her.

"That's right Athy! We're not fighting!" Helena also panicked.

"Th-Then why are you two yelling?"

Emma and Helena stopped and stared at each other for a while. Emma let out a sigh and faced back the smaller with worried eyes.

"As much as I don't want to ask this to you but.." Emma held Athanasia's shoulders. "Athy.... d-do you like... Lucas..?"

As soon Athanasia heard what the older said, her face slowly turning beet red, her eyes widened as she looked down in embarrassment.

Emma took a step back and dramatically fainted. Helena immediately caught her and patted her cheeks to wake her up.

"Emma?! Emma, stay with me!" Helena exclaimed, as if they were in a telenovela.

"H-Helena... o-our Athy.." Emma breathed. "I-I cannot.."

"It's really hard to believe, but it's the truth.." Helena said, sobbing.

-

"Yo, Myles!"

Myles sat up as he heard his classmate calling him. "What is it?" He blinked.

"Someone's looking for you!"

Myles let out a smirk. Heh, another one to play. He stood up from his seat and made his way to the door. His smirk soon disappeared as he saw who's the one looking for him.

"E-Emma?" His eyes widened, his hand covering his mouth. "I can't believe it, you want to have se-"

"Say it and I'll fill your nose with wasabi," Emma cut him off, giving him a deadly glare.

Myles held his hands up in defense, smirking. "Woah, there missy. anyway, what are you doing here and why did you call me?"

"Follow me."

"Eh?"

Emma rolled her eyes and held his wrist, dragging him at the back of the school. Myles frowned when he saw his friend, Joshua being tied on a tree.

"Uh.. why is Joshua here?"

They stopped, Emma immediately let go of his wrist and put on some sanitizer on her hand. Myles rolles his eyes as he watched her sanitizing.

"Now.." Emma let out a sigh. "We dragged you here to.. have a truce.."

"Truce?" I raised a brow. "Uh, Emma is that you? Did you hit your head or something?"

Emma shot a glare at him which did not affect him. "I'm serious here, I'm not dragging you two here just to make some stupid jokes. So stop with all the blabbering and listen to me."

"Why do you even want a truce, we did a lot of horrible things to you," Myles questioned, his arms crossed as he leaned on the tree where Joshua is being tied to.

"It's for our friend," Emma said through gritted teeth. "I don't want this to happen but for the sake of my precious baby, I have to do this."

"You're too whipped to that baby transfer."

"Yeah, so shut up hoe."

"If you want a truce then can you just stop acting like that to us," Myles complained, showing a vein tick on his forehead.

"Can't help it, since I hate you and your 2 other friends," Emma said with a roll of her eyes.

This is not good.. Joshua thought as he feel a very dangerous aura between the two.

"Uuh.. guys.." Helena tried to stop the staring contest but the two didn't even give at least a glance to her.

"No wonder you only have 2 close friends, it's because of your harsh clapbacks," Myles spat.

He was expecting for the lime haired girl to spat back but instead she remained silent, her expression changed from angry to a pained expression. He can see the tears filling up in her eyes.

"E-Emma?" Helena called, also noticing the tears.

Emma's mind was filled with all the memories of her past, making her feel the familiar ache in her chest.

Myles take it as a chance to badmouth the pained girl in front of him and let out a smirk. "What? Cat got your tongue? With that -- you will just end up lonely. Stop acting like you're tough, seriously Emma, no one's going to like that a-"

"I can't help it, okay?!" Emme yelled, her face turning red from anger, tears finally made their way down to her chin. "I've had a very hard life where I have to defend myself from everything!"

Myles stopped, he suddenly felt a pang om his chest as he saw her crying so hard. He just stood there frozen.

"I'm not tough! I'm just a weak girl who has to defend herself from all the harsh things around her. So stop spouting nonsense like you really know me!" After yelling that, Emma ran back inside the school.

"Emma, wait!" Helena followed.

"What just happened...?" Joshua muttered, he looked up to Myles with a questionable look. "Myles?"

Myles just stood there in his place, his eyes never left to where Emma was standing earlier. The painful look of the girl was now stuck inside his head, making him feel guilty of what he did.

A faint memory from his past flashed in his mind..

"I hate you!"

"Let's.. let's break up.."

Ah... I fucked up again... he huffed.

A T T E N T I O N
Chap. 3

: oh, I also changed their ages! they're in college instead of in highschool