15. blush

"I love you..*

"Myles, I'll be with you forever.. I promise!"

..

"I.. don't love you anymore.."

"Let's break up."

-

"-yles? MYLES!!"

Myles flinched, hearing a very familiar voice from his side. He swung his head to the person with him with his brow raised. "W-What is it?"

Joshua stared at his friend for a moment, getting weird out by the ravenette's actions since morning. He let out a exasperated sigh, shaking his head in disappointment, knowing that Myles is not listening to what he said.

"I've been talking here ever since we left the dorm and you didn't even get a single word I said?!" Joshua exlaimed, clutching his heart dramatically as if it were got shot by a bullet. "I'm hurt.."

"S-Sorry.." Myles chuckled, scratching his nape. "I'm just thinking about something.."

Joshua raised a brow as he stared at his friend suspiciously but then shook it off by replying something that could lighten the sad mood of his friend.

"Are you thinking about Emma?" He blurted out, making Myles' eyes slightly widened at the mention of the lime haired girl.

Joshua mentally facepalmed himself, he was about to confess who ate his pudding last night but when he saw Emma at the gates of their school, he accitdentally said her name.

But the most suprising part is that Joshua saw Myles' cheeks faintly glowing pink, making his eyes widened in shock. He covered his mouth in one hand, eyeing at his friend then to Emma back in forth.

Oh my..

"W-What do you mean?" Myles stuttered. He did not realized that his cheeks were burning pink and just stared at the other ravenette weirdly. "Why am I thinking about her? ugh.."

"N-Nevermind.." Joshua chuckled, looking away. His eyes still widened at Myles' reaction just now. And the most frustrating is..

HE DID NOT FREAKING KNOW!!

"Oh! Good morning."

Joshua looked up to see who greeted them, his frustration instantly disappeared and soon changed when he saw his girlfriend in front of him. His lips curved up into a smile and jogged towards her. "Good morning!" He greeted happily.

"You're early today," Helena tilted her head, her cheeks flushed pink when the older came close to her.

Joshua smiled and put his arm around Helena's shoulders. "I wanted to see you before our class starts."

Emma let out a huff, looking away when she saw Joshua walked beside her friend. She still feel annoyed at the fact that these two like each other and now dating. She eyed at Myles who just came behind Joshua, looking in a bad mood, making her frown.

What's wrong with him?

She suddenly heard a cute gasp from her behind and immediately turned to see Athanasia with beamy eyes. "Emma-nee!! Helena!! Good morning!!"

"Good morning Athy!" Helena greeted back, her arms spread open to accept the smaller's bear hug. Athanasia giggled as she jumped in to hug the brunette.

"Yah, I'm here you know," Joshua huffed.

"Hihi, Josh-nii is jelly!" Athanasia teased.

Myles watched them all talk and let out a sigh, shoving his hands in his pockets as he made his way in their school. Little did he know, someone's noticed his bad mood and decided to follow him.

"'Sup.." Emma nudged the older's side as she walked beside him.

"What?" Myles took a small glance at her then to the stairs.

"You look like you're in a bad mood? Did something happened?" Emma questioned, tilting her head.

Myles stopped then faced the younger with confusion in his eyes. "Uuuhh... you're Emma right??"

"Eh?" Emma tilted her head more, blinking. "What do you mean? I'm Emma."

"Hmm..." Myles' eyes narrowed into a slit, not believing at what the younger said. "As I remember.. Emma really don't act like this to me and always kicking my ass."

"So do you want to get your ass kicked then?" Emma glared at the older, a angry tick appeared on her forehead.

Myles immediately raised his hands up in defense, giving her a innocent smile. "No," He simply said.

Emma sighed, shaking her head in amusement. "Myles, I still cared for my friends even if I treated them like a torture toy."

Hearing the word friend makes Myles feel weird inside, it's like a bad feeling that he don't understand but it's kinda familiar.

"Myles? Are you there?"

Myles blinked back to reality and made a fake smile. "Yeah?"

"Hmm.. did you have a fever?" Emma frowned, and reached out her hand to feel the older's temperature on the forehead.

"Eh?" Myles' eyes widened, realizing that her hand was now on his forehead, carressing it gently. He suddenly heard a thump in his ears and felt his cheeks heat up, this familiar feeling confused him more.

"Oh! You're getting red!" Emma exclaimed, taking a step back.

Myles let out a sigh in relief and his cheeks went back to normal. Thank goodness..

Emma blinked. "Eh? You're face is back to normal.. is it my imagination?"

"Yah, you should go now to your class," Myles changed the topic, blinking as if he don't want to face the younger's eyes. "I'm alright.. so you don't have to.. worry.."

"Really?"

Myles nodded, his hand reached up to pinch her puffed cheeks with a smile to reassure her. "I'm alright," He repeated. "So don't be a worrywart you little lime."

"L-Lime?!" Emma exclaimed, showing her fist. "Yah, Why are you pinching my cheek?! Le- ah!"

Emma got cut off with a light flick on her forehead. She look up to the older with a pout as she reached her forehead, Myles can't help but smile more at the cute act that the younger show.

"W-Why are you smiling?!!" Emma huffed, her cheeks puffed more in annoyance. "Are you really that happy because you got a single hit on me?!!"

"It's because you're cute."

Emma was taken aback at what he said, her eyes widened and her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Myles noticed it and also blushed, realizing at what he said and seeing her reaction. He didn't expect for the yoynger to react like that.

"Go now..." He muttered, looking away. Emma almost immediately nodded and ran away after saying a small 'bye'. His eyes followed her back going away until he can't see her anymore.

He let out a sigh, leaning on the wall beside the doors of his classroom, the back of his hand tapping his heated cheeks.

' what is wrong with me? '
A T T E N T I O N
chap. 15