11. knowing you

Joshua skipped another boring class again and walked around to find a place to chill for a while with a book in hand (he stole it from the library).

He saw a huge tree near the science laboratory room and decided to sit there. He carefully climed up and sat on a very wide branch and opened his book.

Principle's of Mathematical Analysis by W. Rudin

He frowned at the title, wondering what would a very hard book like this to be in the library. But he thanked the one who put it there so he could have some fun answering it.

He took his pen from his pocket and wrote on the book, answering every problem until someone broke his very calming silence.

"Yo nerd!" Someone called, twitching Joshua's ear. "Watcha readin' some cheesy fairytale book?"

Joshua looked up from reading his book and glared down at the students below him. His eyes widened when he saw Helena, nervously standing in front of them.

What the-

"P-Please go away.." Helena said, hugging her book nervously.

"What if we don't?" A red haired student snickered. "This is our spot and you just suddenly sit here, reading your boring ass book."

Joshua eyed at the book that the brunette was holding and nodded. Yeah, it's a very boring book.. He shook his head and listened back to the bullies.

"Hm?" Helena tilted her head. "It doesn't seemed like it's your spot, I don't see your name attatched to it or something.."

Joshua let out a puff of laugh and immediately covered his mouth to contain his laughter.

"You-" The blonde haired student tried to hit her with his fist but failed when Helena dodged it easily, stepping aside.

While dodging one of the bullies hits, Helena tried to find Joshua around. She frowned when she can't find the older. I'm sure he was here...

-

Helena was staring at the window, watching some students playing in the field. She flinched when she suddenly saw someone jumped from the next room's window, it was Joshua.

Without hesitation, she ran out of the classroom and followed the older.

"Miss Irain! Where did you thi- Miss Irain!!" She ignored the yells of her professor and ran off.

-

And here she is!

Dodging some of the bullies hits, she can dodge them easily but can't give a hit back because she's weak at that. But hey! At least she's not getting hit, right?

Or so she thought..

"You're wide open!"

-

Oh she's good.. Joshua thought. But just at dodging though.. if she could dodge them that easily then she should have ran away, what is she doing??

He watched the brunette dodging the bullies easily, forgetting about answering the book in his hand.

His eyes widened when the orange haired student was now raising his fist behind Helena, yelling, "You're wide open!"

But before his fist could hit, Joshua jumped off the branch and held the student's wrist tightly.

Eh? When did I-

"Joshua?!" Helena exclaimed from behind.

"What the- let go of my wrist punk!" The orange head yelled, pulling his wrist.

Joshua didn't replied to the brunette behind him and faced the 3 students in front. He gave them a deadly glare as he tightened his grip on the orange haired's wrist.

"You dare to hit this girl.." He grumbled. "If you really want someone to fight then fight me instead."

"Eeek!" The red haired student shivered. "I-It's Joshua, let's run!!"

The two run away, leaving their friend behind. The orange head tried to get away but can't.

Joshua let out a chuckle. "Wow, what great friends you have!"

"S-Save me!!"

Joshua's expression turned cold. "If you try to hit her again then there's no second chance, alright..?"

The student nodded, tears warming up in his eyes as he stared into the older's golden eyes. Joshua let out a sigh and let go of the student's wrist, letting him go.

"Bye, byeee!!" Joshua cheered, watching the orange head scram.

"Joshua, where have you been!!" Helena exclaimed from behind.

"Me?" Joshua blinked. "I'm just sitting on that tree, relaxing."

That's why- Helena huffed. She eyed at the book that the older was holding and pointed at it. "What's that?" She asked.

Joshua flinched and hide the book away from the brunette. "N-Nothing.."

"Let me see!!" Helena whined, trying to reach the book. "I'm curious of why are you reading a book when you hated studying!"

"I told you it's nothing!" Joshua panicked. He took a step back but the younger stepped closer.

"I don't think it's nothing, though," Helena frowned.

Joshua kept dodging the younger but then the book slid off from his grasp and got caught by Helena. His eyes widened when the brunette read the title of the book.

"Principle's of Mathematical Analysis by W. Rudin....?" Helena muttered with wide eyes. "I-Isn't this book... Joshua?"

The ravenette just stood there, frozen. He don't know what to do. Helena will now know his secrets.

Helena opened the book and saw a lot of solutions scribbled in it with perfect answers. Her eyes widened more, realizing that it was the handwriting of Joshua.

She slowly look up to him. "Joshua.. you.."

Before she could even continue, Joshua took the book back harshly. Helena flinched at the sudden anger of the older.

Joshua didn't say something and just ran away from her, leaving her stunned.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it!!" Joshua cursed under his breath, gripping the book tightly in anger. She saw me..

He recalled back her surprised image that he don't want to see. Making him stop in his tracks.

"Why don't she just leave me alone.." He muttered, biting his bottom lip. He continued to walk away, deciding to go outside of the school.

-

Helena still stood there in shock. It's been a while since the older had glared at her like that, she almost forgot that Joshua still has that scary look of him.

But what was that?

What was that she saw earlier? That wasn't the Joshua that she knew, he was so different.

Her hand dropped, looking down to the grass below her. She let out a sad chuckle.

"As expected..

.. I really don't know anything about you."

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 11