6. need

Before Myles left his friends...

MYLES HARRISON

"Should we move to another machine?" Joshua suggested. "There's a lot of girls around us. It's haunting me!"

"Sure," Lucas agreed. "I'd like to try another game to play. Let's go Myles!"

"O-Okay.." I muttered, letting my character to fail.

We walked around to look for some fun games to play. I ignored all the girls who attempted to get my number, I'm not in the mood to play with them. I feel empty.

I stopped as soon I saw Emma walking through the crowd with a wallet in hand. I frowned when she suddenly bumped into someone and immediately bowed to them. Why is she bowing to them?

That's not the Emma that I know.

Instead of listening to what Joshua said, I walked towards to Emma to see what happened. I frowned more as soon I heard what the girls said to her.

"Ugh, how dare you bump onto me you filthy bitch!!"

"I'm sorry.." Emma bowed again.

Don't bow.

"You better be!! but do you think apologizing to me would make my stained shirt to be clean?!" The girl yanked Emma's hair.

"Should I give you my money for the laundry?" Emma grunted in pain, still looking expressionless.

What are you doing?

"No. I'm rich enough, I don't need your cheap money," The girl said with a smrik. "How about.."

She suddenly yanked her hair, making Emma yelped in pain.

"Hah! What's up with this hair color?!" The girl exclaimed. "It looks disgusting! gross!"

I can clearly saw Emma's expression. She looks very hurt. Why is she not fighting?

The girl could throw her away, looking disgusted. "Look what have you done to my nails?!"

Before she could even land a hit on her, I rushed in and held her wrist as I pulled Emma closer to my arms.

"M-Myles..?" I heard Emma muttered.

I didn't spare her a glance and glared at the girl in front of me, my grip on her wrist tightened making her wince. "And what are you going to do to her?"

EMMA GRACE

"And what are you going to do to her?" Myles coldly asked.

I look up to him with wide eyes. What is he doing here?

I feel my cheeks heat up as I realized that I was engulfed by him tightly.

"And what are you doing?!" Myles yelled at me, making me flinch. I feel so small, especially that I'm in his embrace. "You were supposed to talk trash to them! this ain't you!"

"I-" Was all I could utter.

Myles let out a huff and dragged me outside of the arcade, leaving the girl dumbfounded.

He was dragging me around for like a minute. My arms are slowy getting numb because of his tight grip.

"M-Myles! Slow down!!" I exclaimed, wincing in pain.

He stopped and faced me with glaring eyes. I can't help but feel weak with those stares peircing right through me.

Emma! What is wrong with you?!

"Why didn't you hit that bitch?!" He yelled at me again. "You supposed to make harsh clapbacks to her, not letting her hit you!"

"Myles I-"

"Didn't you told me years ago that you are not what you are in the past?! Didn't you told me that you don't nee-!"

"I needed my childhood friend back, okay?!" I yelled, tears escaping from my eyes. "I-I needed you!"

Myles paused, looking down at me with wide eyes.

"A-After what you said to me that day... it just feels like you really hate me and I can't help it!!"

"Emma-"

"I was the one who accepted your attitude because I was the one who understoo your past..." I hiccuped. "Yet you lashed out at me and push me away..."

"...."

"So I decided to leave you.. giving you that stupid reason that I don't need you.." I look up to him, I can see the pain in his face. "That's why I'm like this... I stupidly thought that we will go back as friends again.. but you-"

I stopped as I felt his arms around me, my eyes widened in surprise. I can feel my shoulders slowly becoming wet. Is he crying...?

"I'm sorry..." He whispered. "I'm so sorry..."

"M-Myles.."

He let go, his hands gently held my shoulder. "I didn't know... I was so blind, that I thought that I was alone when she left me... but you were there... I'm so sorry about how I acted towards you.."

"Emma..." He stared deeply into my eyes. "Will you forgive me..."

Tears ran down to my cheeks more, wetting me face and my neck. I slowly nodded as I tried to wipe away the tears. "I-I'm sorry too... I know that I've been acting like a bitch to you.."

Myles let out a chuckle, helping me wipe my face with his sleeve. "Well, I like that Emma more. She'd wild!"

I gave him a hard smack on the chest. "YAH!"

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 6