13. trash, you say?

Helena let out a sigh. It's still the 3rd period and she's so bored. She's not like this, what's gotten onto her?

She heard from Myles earlier that Joshua is sick and hearing that makes her feel worried about the older.

I wonder if he's being treated well..

She immediately shook her head, trying to push the thoughts about Joshua out from her head. She has to listen to the class since the exams are now nearing.

No time for crushes, Helena.. focus.

-

"Emma-nee.." Athanasia tugged on the older's sleeves with a pout. "Is Helena okay..?"

Emma eyed at their friend behind them, who is walking slowly. She frowned and slower her pace to walk beside the brunette.

"Hey.." She nudged Helena's side to gain her attention. Helena looked up, startled and turned her head to face the older.

"W-What is it, Em?" She asked.

Emma let out a sigh. "What's wrong with you? You've been so down lately, is something bothering you?"

"Uh.."

"Helena," Emma called, giving her a pat on the shoulder. "Athy and I are here for you. We're not going to judge you."

Helena hesitated for a bit, but then let out a defeated sigh. "It's just... I'm worried.."

"Worried?" Athanasia tilted her head. "Why is Helena worried..?"

"Just... nothing.." Helena fastened her pace and left her friends.

She walked down the sidewalk alone, her cheeks heat up in embarrassement just because she can't tell her friends that she's worried about Joshua. Well, they knew that she like him but why is she embarrassed about it.

"Stupid me.." She muttered, kicking a random rock that she see in front of her.

She was about to walk back to her dorm alone and just study to clear her mind but she arrived in front of Joshua's house instead.

What... the fuck am I doing here? She asked to herself, staring up at the house in front of her.

Her fingers were itching to press the bell as she stared intently at it. She bit her lip in frustration, debating wether she would press the button or not.

After moments of thinking about it, she let out a defeated sigh. If this will calm me down then..

She press the button nervously, earning a buzzing sound of the intercom. The door suddenly opened, revealing a 50-year old black haired woman with a frown on her face.

"What is it?" The woman asked.

Helena's breath hitched at she stared at the woman with wide eyes. Is this his mom?

"Are you okay, dear?"

She snapped out from her trance and let out a awkward laugh. "I'm sorry..! I-I'm just asking if Joshua's inside..."

"Oh.. him?" The woman's voice turned cold which confused Helena. "He's maybe upstairs.. do you want to come in?"

"Is it okay?" Helena asked, feeling nervous.

"Yeah, I don't mind.." The woman shrugged and gestured Helena to come in. "Come in."

"Then... sorry for the intrusion.." Helena bowed politely and awkwardly walked in. She look around at the comfy living room in front of her, she frowned at the sad and silent atmosphere she felt.