34. truth

Lucas just got out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel. He turned to the mirror, seeing his reflection. He noticed that his hair is getting long that it almost look like a mullet.

"Should I cut it?" He muttered as he ruffled his hair.

He turned to his bed where his phone is when he heard a ring from it. He made his way to his phone and answered it as he saw Ijekiel's name on it.

"Hello?"

"Uuhh.. Lucas can you come over here for a moment?"

Lucas frowned, blinking. "Uuhh... I never knew that you're like this.. Sorry man, but I have a girlfriend and you know who-"

"That's not it!!!"

"Eh?" Lucas blinked again but soon let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, I thought that-"

"Athy needs you."

Lucas paused and immediately pressed the speaker button as he went to his closet to dress up. "Why, what's wrong? Did something happened?"

"She was just sleeping peacefully but then she suddenly kept yelling 'stop' or whatnot, I tried to calm her down but she wanted you here."

"Mhm.." Lucas nodded even though the older can't see him. "I'll be there in a minute, tell her that I'm on my way."

"I will."

Lucas ended the call as he finished putting his clothes on. And took his phone and keys.

"Oh, where are you going?" His father asked as he walked down the stairs.

"Somewhere," Lucas muttered, sitting down to wear his shoes. "I'll be back at dawn."

"O-Okay.." His dad replied. "Be careful!"

"I will!"

Minutes after, he arrived in front of the apartment building and ran inside. He went in an elevator to where their apartment is.

When he arrived at their door, he knocked on it very loud.

The door opened, revealing Ijekiel with a worried look on his face. "You know, you're gonna destroy the door down if you kept knocking like that."

"Where's Athanasia?" He asked, not calling Athanasia peanut in front of her cousin.

"She's in her room, follow me-"

Ijekiel took a step back when Lucas pushed himself inside and immediately took his shoes off before going to his girlfriend's room.

"Peanut?" Lucas called, seeing Athanasia all curled up in her blanket.

Athanasia turned around and saw Lucas standing at the door. She immediately hugged him from behind when the older closed the door.

"You're here..." She sobbed.

"You know that I'm always here when you needed me," Lucas whispered softly, kissing her forehead. "Now, what's wrong? You're cousin told me that you had a nightmare. Care to tell Lu-nii?"

Athanasia lets go of the hug to wipe off the tears with her blanket that is still wrapped around her. She shook her head in response, too afraid to tell the older.

"No... just.. stay here.. please.." She whined, pulling him close to her bed.

"Sure, peanut.." Lucas gently smiled at her as pulled her back to her bed.

He sat down on the bed, and layed his back on the fluffy mattress. He spread his arms wide, welcoming his girlfriend in a hug to comfort her.

"Warm.." Athanasia softly giggles, snuggling closer to his chest for warmth.