17. comfort

"Myles!" Emma called, letting out a sigh of relief when she found Myles sitting on a bench near the fountain of their old school.

Myles perked up when he heard the voice that he wanted to hear and turned his head to see Emma, looking worried. He gave the latter a sad smile, gesturing her to come and sit with him.

Emma followed and sat beside the older and faced him. "Are you okay?"

"I... I don't know.." Myles replied with a chuckle, his hands clasped for warmth. He bit his bottom lip, afraid to say something.

"What happened?" Emma asked softly, tilting her head as she stared at the older worriedly.

Myles didn't answer at first, but then let out a sigh, his eyes are closed to stop tge tears that is starting to flow in his burning eyes.

"I met Camille..."

Emma's eyes widened, the worry inside her grew more. "Did you two talk?"

That made Myles chuckle again. "Do I have the courage to talk to her? She didn't even see me.."

"..."

Silence engulf the two, a very sad silence. Emma slowly looked up to the sky, watching the stars glow beautifully in the dark, admiring the bright moon that shines more than the stars, making her smile just a bit.

"Emma.."

The younger hum in response, her eyes never leaving the beautiful and bright moon at the sky.

"I'm scared.."

That made Emma's lips curved down, she blinked down to the older whose eyes are still on the ground.

"When I saw her.. this fear of mine appeared again.." Myles continued. "The fear to be left alone.. the pain to be alone.."

Emma gritted her teeth, her heart clenches at the sight of Myles looking in pain.

"Myles.." She muttered, looking back up to the sky. "Just.. forget about her... she don't deserve your love."

"Even if I wanted to, I still can't help but wanting to bring her back into my arms.." Myles sighed. "She was one of the people stayed by my side for years when I was at my worst.. she was my everything..

"But she ended up decieving me, leaving me for another man.. just like what they d-"

"Fuck them."

Myles whipped his head to tbe younger with wide eyes. "Huh?"

"Fuck them!" Emma repeated. "Fuck your mom, your dad and that slut. FUCK THEM ALL!!!"

Myles stared at her, his eyes still widened at what Emma yelled to the sky. He felt embarrassed but in a good way, happiness slowly washed off the pain and fear inside him.

"Your dad made a stupid fucking mistake for leaving you and your mom for another family! Your mom is such a dumbfuck for listening to her new husband to leave you! And that slutty ex is a idiotic whore for leaving you for another fucker!!" Emma huffed, angrily stomping on the ground as she stood up. "THEY ARE AL FUCKING DUMB FOR LEAVING YOU!!! I FUCKING HATE THEM ALL!!"

Myles can't help but chuckle and watch the younger turning red in anger. For the first time, he found Emma cute when she's angry like this.

"I HOPE THEY ALL FUCKING GO TO HELL FOR HURTING MY PRECIOUS FRIEND LIKE THIS!!" Emma cursed. Her hands are now clenching in anger.

Myles' lips curved down when he suddenly saw tears rolling down the younger's cheeks. His eyes widened and immediately stood up to face her.

"W-Why are you crying?" Myles panicked. "Emma?"

"What?!!" Emma sniffled, wiping the tears off her face. "I'm not crying!! My eyes are just sweaty!!"

Emma glanced at the older who is staring at her with worry. "Why are you staring at me like that?! I told you I'm not crying!! Who would cry over your past?!"

Myles' stare softened, he can hear his heart beating fast, blook rushed through his cheeks, giving a pink hue on the skin. He felt happy, happy that someone is there to comfort him, to curse with him, to cry with him, he can't help but smile contently at the crying lime head in front of him.

He reached out for her wet cheeks to wipe off the tears with his sleeves. He let out a happy sigh as he stared at her red and tear stained cheeks.

"You're literally crying, dummy.." He chuckled.

Emma's eyes widened when the older pulled her close and engulf her in a hug. She look up, worried that he would cry again.

"Emma.." Myles whispered, making Emma feel ticklish.

The latter let out a hum as a response.

"Thank you.. thank you for being here with me.." Myles breathed, tightening his hug but careful not to hurt the younger.

Emma slowly relaxed in the hug, her arms reaching up to hug him back. She let out a sigh, catching a sniff of the relaxing mint scent of the older, making her feel safe and warm in his embrace.

“ She wants me to be her moon but she kept looking at the stars.. ”
— Myles

“ Millions of stars above the skies but the moon shines brighter. She's a fool who's only attracted to small lights and not noticing the one who shines brighter. ”

—Emma to Myles

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 17