38. I do

I was about to update this yesterday but I was in a bad mood so here😊

--

"So..." Lucas started. "What do you want me to know?"

Athanasia looked down, pursing her lips in nervousness. "Kiel-nii told about my past to my dad..."

"... What did your dad say?" Lucas asked even though he already assumed what it is.

"He's going to take me back..." Athanasia whispered, tears starting to do form in her eyes.

Lucas stopped, letting out a sigh. He can feel Athanasia tightening her hold on his hand. He knew this would happen but why is he surprised.

"I can't stay here... I'm going to live with my father... Maybe in a week..." Athanasia continued as she wipes off her tears away.

Lucas turned to face his girlfriend and slowly pulled her to a hug.

"I-I don't want to leave..." Athanasia cried. "I don't want to leave my friends. I don't want to leave you..."

"I don't want you to leave either..." Lucas whispered, hugging Athanasia tightly.

Athanasia snuggled closer, sniffling. "It's okay... I will tell dad to cancel... I will tell him that I don't want to come with him... H-he can understand."

"I'm happy that you wanted to stay..." Lucas smiled, letting go of the hug to see the younger's face. "But I think you should stay with your father."

Athanasia's eyes widened. She immediately let go of the hug and frowned at Lucas. "What?"

"I'm not finished yet!" Lucas immediately said, raising his arms in defense.

Athanasia closed her mouth and gestured Lucas to continue.

"I think it's much better if you should go to your father's..." Lucas said, sighing. "Not that I am saying that I don't want you to stay here, I would literally tie you up if you wanted to go to your father. But your father's been worrying about you, he can't just let you alone after hearing what you've been through here."

"I can just tell him--"

"Telling your father you're fine on the phone won't make him feel calm and believe you that. Your father just wanted to know if you're really physically and mentally fine," Lucas continued, cutting Athanasia off. "Look, if you refuse on going to your father, he might think that you're hating him and thinks that it's all his fault for leaving you, for easily letting you go.

"Then... Do you want to break up?" Athanasia bluntly said.

Lucas frowned, "What, why are you asking that?"

"I might not go back," Athanasia muttered, staring deeply into Lucas' eyes.

The two stood there in silence, staring at each other.

Lucas soon broke the silence, scoffing. Athanasia raised a brow.

"Do you want to break up?" Lucas asked, smirking.

Athanasia's eyes widened, realizing that the older was teasing her. She glared at him and gave him a smack on the chest.

"Yah! I'm being serious here!" She started to cry. "I dont want to break up with you but what if I dont come back if I go back to my father?! What are you going to do?! That's why I'm asking you if you want to break up, because if you want then I'll--"

Athanasia was stopped by a pair of lips smashing onto hers.

Her eyes widened in surprise as she realized that Lucas suddenly pulled her to him and kissed her.

She heard her heartbeat beating as if she ran a marathon, as Lucas tilted his head a little, their lips rubbing to each other.

Slowly, Athanasia closed her eyes, letting the older took control of the kiss.

Lucas smiled at the kiss as he felt his girlfriend giving up and let him kiss her. He let go of her lips and kissed her again at a different angle, this time gently and carefully.

Not long after, he let go, sighing. He started at Athanasia who is completely red after the kiss.

"That's what I wanted to hear," He muttered as he caressed her face, wiping off the tears on her cheeks. "I dont want to break up either. So dont you dare say such things again, okay?"

"Wha- I might not be coming back..." Athanasia said, holding his wrist.

"I know that you're coming back to me," Lucas confidently said.

"As I said, what if--"

Lucas cut her off with a kiss again.

As soon as Lucas let go, Athanasia gasped, turning red again. "Yah! Stop that!"

"I know that you're coming back to me, my little peanut. Ever since I laid my eyes on you, I was yours and I knew that you were mine," Lucas said, smiling at her. "I'll wait for you, even if it takes years, even if I became an old man, my heart will forever be yours."

Athanasia looks up to the older with wide eyes, her eyes now filling with tears again.

"A-Are you proposing to me now?!" She yelled.

"If that's what you want to think, it depends," Lucas said, shrugging.

Athanasia cracks a smile. She really loves this jerk, her jerk.

"I love you," She blurted out suddenly.

Lucas was caught off guard at what she said and tilted his head. "Why so sudden- ack!"

Athanasia jumped onto him and this time, she was the one who initiated the kiss.

Lucas was shocked at first then slowly kissed back, pulling her closer as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

If what you said is a proposal...

Then, I'll reply with an I do.
A T T E N T I O N
chap. 38