9. mask

"What the-"

"LUCAS-NII!!!!"

Lucas eyes widened as he saw Athanasia running towards her. He immediately rolled to the edge of the bed to avoid the younger's hug.

"Yah, peanut! what are you doing here in my house?!" He exlcaimed about to stand up but kneeled down on the floor. Fuck this fever!

"Young master, you should not yell at your guests like that," Ronald huffed, helping him to sit back down on his bed.

"She's my slave, I do whatever I want with her."

Lucas flinched when he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him from behind, he immediately moved away. "Peanut, stop that!"

"B-But..." Athanasia muttered. "Athy misses her owner."

Lucas let out a sigh, biting his bottom lip. "Who told you the address to my house?"

"Myles-nii!!" The younger happily replied. "He said that if I visit Lucas-nii then your fever will be gone!!"

Myles, I'll kill you..

"I did not order you to come and visit me," Lucas said, rolling his eyes. "Go home."

"Young master, she came all the way here to visit you," Ronald butted in.

"I don't care.."

Ronald let out a sigh. "If that's what you want.." He bowed at Lucas and walked out of the room, leaving him and Athanasia inside.

Lucas suddenly heard a door locking and turned around with wide eyes. "YAH!" He yelled, banging on the door. "Ronald, you bastard!"

-

"Athy made this porridge for Lucas-nii!!" Athanasia cheered, giving the older the tray.

Lucas let out a cough. "H-How did you even got out of my room?"

"Uncle Ronald gave me a key and told me not to give it to Lucas-nii!"

"Tch.." Lucas huffed. "If you have the key to get out then go home now, I don't need you to nurse me." I don't want you to get sick..

"No! Athy won't listen!" Athanasia huffed.

"Peanu-" Lucas stopped when he saw the younger crying. oh shit.

"Athy's been worried about Lucas-nii for days and always praying for Lucas-nii to get well soon... A-Athy just wanted to t-take care of Lucas-nii..." She sobbed. "Athy don't want Lucas-nii to die!!"

"What the- peanut, who told you that I will die?" Lucas frowned. "It's just a fever, come here.."

Athanasia moved closer and let the older touch her face, wiping off the tears that ran down to her cheeks.

"Lucas-nii won't die so stop crying," Lucas muttered. Fuck it's hard to talk in 3rd person!

"R-Really? Lucas-nii won't die???"

He let out a sigh. Why am I always like this around her? He let out a pinky to her and said, "I promise.."

Athanasia hesitantly wrapped her pinky around the older, sealing the small promise. "Don't die okay!"

"Pfft- why are you so cute?"

"Eh?" Athanasia tilted her head not getting what the older said.

"I said, I'm going to eat."

"Oh, eat well Lucas-nii!!"

-

"NO WAY!!"

"Aaahh, Lucas-nii don't be such a baby!"

Lucas covered himself with his blanket, avoiding the younger from giving him some medicine. "No way I'm gonna drink that! That's bitter as fuck!!"

"Drink this medicine or Athy will be mad!" Athanasia huffed, pulling the blanket away. "Ah!"

Lucas let out a smirk, seeing the younger sitting on top of him. "What are you doing, peanut?"

Athanasia's face flushed red and was about to get off of Lucas but the latter pulled her down, rolling them around so that he's on top of her.

"You've got some nerves on getting on top of me, huh peanut?" He muttered, his voice deep as he whispered on the younger's ear who squirmed.

"A-Athy didn't me-" Athanasia stopped when she saw Lucas staring at her. The stare was not the usual one that she always see, it's a little bit different. He was staring at her deeply into the eyes, full of.... love..?

"L-Lucas..." She called his name for the first time, her voice didn't sound like her usual one.. it was more mature.

Before Lucas could say or do something, he collapsed on top of her. Athanasia's eyes widened and patted the olders back to wake him up but it didn't work.

"Lucas? hey wake up!" She called. "Lucas!"

She pushed Lucas off and lay him down on the bed comfortably. She checked his temperature, she panicked as she felt his hot skin.

"Don't worry, I'll get you some ice pack!" Athanasa yelled and ran out of the room.

Minutes after, she came back and saw Lucas breathing so hard slowly getting red. She rushed over him and treated him carefully.

She foreced him to drink his medicine and cleaned him off, she change the towel on his forehead from time to time until the older has now calmed down and is sleeping peacefully.

"What do I do with you..?" Athanasia huffed, squeezing the towel and put it on his forehead again.

She let out a chuckle as she watched Lucas sleeping peacefully. "You're such a kid.."

Thank you little me for letting me out for  a while..

Athy's welcome!

Athanasia pulled the blanket over the older, letting out another happy sigh. She carressed his face gently. "That's what you get for being reckless, stupid Lucas."

She leaned down on her elbows, staring at him sadly. "I'm glad you're alright.."

If only I could show myself to everyone..

-

"Hng.." Lucas stirred, slowly waking up.

He looked around to see himself lying on his bed. Did I collapse again? He let out a huff. And my fever is gone!

He flinched as he felt something on his forehead. He took the object off and frowned. Who-

He saw the younger sleeping on the chair beside his bed. His eyes softened, seeing her sleeping peacefully.

"You're gonna hurt your back sleeping like that you know.." He whispered, carressing her head.

He let out a sigh and put Athanasia gently on his bed. "You should've just called Ronald and leave me.."

"L-Lucas.."

His face flushed red as he remembered what happened earlier. He don't know that the younger could have that kind of expression plus she looked matured.

Which makes him think..

Is that her normal side?

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 9