29. cozy

Lucas bursts in the room, putting his hands back in his pockets as he made his way to his father's table. The man in a black suit looked up from his laptop and raised a brow.

"What do you want?"

Lucas took out a small envelope and gave it to his father. "Expel this girls."

Lucas' father took the envelope and took out the pictures of the girls who locked Athanasia up yesterday. He looked back up to his son, taking off his glasses. "Why?" He asked, "Why do you want them to be expelled from this school?"

"They bullied a innocent first-year yesterday," Lucas simply answered. "And I want them to be expelled. Now."

"Hmm.." The man leaned on the back of his chair. "It's rare for you to do this kind of thing. As I remember, you're not the one who cares about this."

"..."

"Is this first-year.." He continued. "Special to you?"

Lucas' brow twitched but then he relaxed, sighing. A small blush showed on hus cheeks. "Yeah, it's my girlfriend."

"Ho," Lucas' father snickered, leaning forward with his elbows on the table to balance him up. "I never thought that this day would come. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I know that you're going to be a pain in the ass," Lucas replied, rolling his eyes.

"You should invite her with us later," Lucas' father suggested, with gleam in his eyes. "I want to see who's the girl who stole my son's heart."

"I don't want to," Lucas huffed. "You're just gonna embarrass me."

"C'mon. Invite her and I will expel this girls right away," His father said with a smirk.

Lucas stared at his father for a moment, thinking. He let out a defeated sigh, nodding. "Ugh, fine. I hate it when you're acting like this to me. Well sometimes it's not bad.."

"I wanted to repay you after all I've done to you, I told you," His father said with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah," Lucas rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna go now. See ya."

"Lucas."

Lucas turned to his father when he heard his name being called. "What?"

"Don't you ever end up like me, okay?"

Lucas stared at his father, the cold glare that always scare him when he was a child is really gone. His lips curved up into a smirk. "I won't. I'm not like you."

"Yeah," His father chuckled.

"See ya later," Lucas walked out with a smile on his face. "Don't be late."

"I won't!"

-

"Dinner?!" Athanasia beamed, sitting up from the covers of her bed. "With Lu-nii's papa?!"

Athanasia is still in her bed, still shaken up to go outside. She can't even face her friends, except her boyfriend. She feels safe with him.

"Papa?" Lucas raised a brow as he put down the snacks that he bought for his girlfriend. He didn't tell Ijekiel about him buying Athanasia snacks or he and Athanasia will get scolded by him. "I don't call him that, peamut."

Athanasia smiled as she opened the bag of snacks, she reached for his boyfriend and gave him a peck on the cheek before she starts eating. "Thank you for buying my favorite snacks!"

"I'll buy whatever you want just to make you happy," Lucas replied, kissing her top as he sat down on the bed in front of her. He smirked, noticing his girlfriend turned red and shyly munching her chocolate. "Cute," He muttered.

Athanasia looked up to the older and huffed. "I'm not."

"Whatever you say, peanut," Lucas chuckled, reaching for her cheek to wipe off the chocolate on her face. "You're cute in my eyes."

"Can you stop acting like that!" Athanasia pouted, glaring at Lucas.

Lucas blinked innocently. "Like what?"

"Like... like... like.." Athanasia's voice lowered down as she kept repeating the word. "You're too sweet to me.."

Lucas heard what she says and chuckled. "Do you not like it when I'm acting like this to you?"

"N-No!!" Athanasia immediately replied.

Lucas tilted his head, his smile still not fading as he found this cute. "Then why?"

"I-It's just.." Athanasia looked down, lowering her chocolate down as she remembered something. "I never experienced this with my ex..."

Lucas' smile wavered, he began to panic as he saw tears brimming in her eyes.

"He was always so cold to me and never even cared about me.." Athanasia continued. "All his promises before we started dating were just... fake.."

He immediately scooted closer to her and gently pulled her into a hug. "Come here.."

Athanasia immediately moved closer in her boyfriend's arms. She felt some light kisses on her head, making her calm down a bit. She hugged Lucas tighter, sniffling the comfortable scent that always made her feel safe and warm.

"Your ex is an asshole," Lucas muttered. "He don't deserve you. If you ever see your ex again then tell me and I'll give that fucker a good punch on the face."

"No swearing!" Athanasia lightly smacked Lucas on the chest. "Lu-nii swearing is bad, you know!"

Lucas' lips curved up, he leaned close to give his girlfriend a kiss on the tip of her nose. "There's my peanut."

"I'm always here, Lu-nii!" Athanasia grinned, snuggling closer in Lucas' chest. "Athy's always here!"

"Yeah.." Lucas nodded. "And I'm always here."

Athanasia snuggled away from Lucas' loving hug and made her way to her speaker, turning it on and connected her phone to it. She searched for the song and smiled when she found it.

"What are you doing?" Lucas raised a brow, watching what the younger do.

Athanasia put down her phone and ran back to her boyfriend, she reached out for his hand and pull him up. "Let's dance."

Lucas let himself get dragged by Athanasia. The latter led his arms around her waist and hers around his neck. The two danced together, swaying their body with the music.

As the first line of the lyrics played from the speaker, Lucas frowned. His lips curved up into a smile. "Isn't this the song I sang to you?"

"Yep!" Athanasia giggled. "I really love the song so I tried to search for the full song of it."

"I never thought that you would like it," Lucas chuckled. "I thought that you were asleep that time."

"Well, I was not," Athanasia laughed. "I never thought that you would sing a love song to me."

"It's you, that's why," Lucas replied.

"When did you start to like me?" Athanasia suddenly asked.

Lucas hummed at the question, blinking. "Well, it was when you wanted to ditch class with me because you're afraid to get scolded by your professor."

"Why?"

Lucas smiled. He leaned closer, touching their foreheads together. "You were so caring for me, and you're not scared of me, and you want me to be happy always. Well you're always there, that's enough to make me happy."

"You make me happy too," Athanasia smiled. "Well, at first I was scared at you when you tried to play with me.. it kinda reminds me of my ex.. but you were the sweetest person that I ever met."

"Really?"

"Really."

Lucas smiled more, giving Athanasia a kiss on the forehead. "I like you so much."

"I like you too."

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 29