25. panic

"Oh! Helena!!" Athanasia beamed after getting out of the car, waving at her friend who walked towards them in a very fast pace.

Before Helena could grab her friend and drag her, Lucas immediately wrapped his girlfriend by the shoulder. Helena looked up to the older, glaring at him as she pouts. "What are you doing?! How dare you wrap your arm around my baby?!"

"Huh? Is it bad to wrap my arm around my girlfriend?" Lucas raised a brow, looking innocent in front of the brunette.

"Helena!!" Joshua called as he finally caught up to her. "Jeez, why are you so fast?!"

"G'morning, Josh," Lucas greeted his friend who also happily greetee back.

"Oh, Helena?" Joshua tilted his head to see his girlfriend's face and frowned as soon he saw her expression. "Why do you looked so surprised?"

"A-Athy... Athy and Lucas.." Helena stuttered, pointing at the couple in fron of her. "Athy and Lucas a-are d-d-d-dating.."

"Oh.." Joshua blinked, then his eyes widened, realizing what his girlfriend said. "They're what?!"

"Ehehe.." Athanasia giggled, a small blush etched on her cheeks as she hid behind Lucas.

Joshua stared at the two for a moment and ruffles his hair, thinking if he's dreaming or not. "Shut up! Is it true?! Lucas?!!"

"Yeah, so shut up," Lucas said with a small chuckle, covering Joshua's mouth. "You're so loud."

"I-I can't believe this.." Helena sniffled, taking out her handkerchief to wipe of the motherly tears off her face. "This can't be.. we failed our mission, hgn.."

"Aww, c'mere.." Joshua pulled his girlfriend close, wrapping an arm around her. "Don't be sad.."

"Anyway.." Lucas frowned. "Why are you two are in a rush going out of the school?"

"Well, Helena's feeling suspicious about Emma and Myles. So she wanted to go and see if those two are together," Joshua explained on behalf of Helena who is still crying in his arms.

"Is something wrong with Myles-nii and Emma-nee?" Athanasia asked, peeking through Lucas' shoulder. She managed to climb up onto his back with Lucas holding her so she won't fall.

"Dunno. But I think that they're dating," Joshua whispered.

Athanasia let out a small gasp, her eyes starts to sparkle. "Really?! Yay, Athy always thought that Myle-nii and Emma-nee look good together!!" She exclaimed. "Can Athy also come with Josh-nii and Helena?!"

"No," Lucas replied, gently putting her down. "You have your classes."

"B-But.." Athanasia shows her puppy eyes as she starts to whine. "Athy wants to go! Lu-nii can also go!! Please, please please!!"

Shit. Lucas cursed to himself, the younger's face is too cute for him to say no to her. Why is his girlfriend so cute? This is unfair!

"F-Fine.." He said with a sigh, looking away as he felt his cheeks starting to heat up.

Athanasia beamed and gave her boyfriend a hug and a loving kiss on the cheek. "Athy really likes Lu-nii!! Hehe, thank you Lu-nii!!"

Lucas didn't replied and just coughed, he can't bring himself to face the younger.

"Uhh.. a little respect here?" Joshua butted in, raising his hand.

"Shut up," Lucas said with a scoff, rolling his eyes. "Say that for the two of you who always kiss in front of us as you're the only one in this world."