8. lunchtime

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!!!" Joshua yelled as Emma pinched his ears after class. "Emma!! My ears are gonna tear off!!"

"That's what you get for following Helena around, you creep," Emma huffed, pinching his ears more.

"He- OW! Helena agreed and I don't have anything to do!!" The ravenette reasoned.

"Don't have anything to do!" Emma mocked, rolling her eyes. "You have class!" She let go of his ear, pushing him away.

"Classes are boring~"

"What makes you say that?" Emma sighed. "You have no future.."

"Hah! No future my ass!" Joshua huffed, glaring at her. "I—"

"EMMA!!!!"

The lime head perks up as she heard her name called with a cute voice, she immediately turn around to see Athanasia running towards her. Before she could even say hi to the younger, she got attacked with a koala hug.

"Emma-nee!!" Athanasia cheered. "It's lunch time! Let's eat with Athy!!"

Emma patted her head, her expression changed. "Okay, where's Helena?"

What the- Joshua just stood there, shocked at the speed of changing her expression.

"Helena?" Athanasia tilted her head and look back to see a familiar brunette following her. Then brighten up when she saw her running towards them.

"ATHY! WAIT UP!!!"

Joshua flinched just hearing the brunette's voice in the distance. Making his face flushed in pink.

"You're so fast!" Helena huffed, stopping in front of then. "Oh, hello Joshua! Is Emma done lecturing you?"

"...... tch.." The older just avoided her and walk away, his hands shoving in his pockets.

"Eh?" Helena blinked, watching Joshua walk away from them. "Did I do anything wrong?"

"Meh, ignore him," Emma replied as she gently put Athanasia down. "Let's go have lunch."

-

"Yo!"

The three looked up to see Myles and Joshua walking towards them.

"Hm?" Myles noticed Athanasia peeking behind them to see if there's someone familiar walking with them. "Oh! Lucas is absent, by the way!"

Emma scoffs. "We don't care."

"I was talking to Athy, not you," Myles retorts.

"You dare talking to my precious baby, you disgusting hoe."

"I'm hurt," Myles said sarcastically. "Whatever Emma."

"Are you two gonna bicker or eat?" Joshua butted in, rolling his eyes. "I'm dying of hunger here!"

"Then die," The 2 simply replied.

"........" Joshua clutched his chest. "Why are you hurting me?"

"Emma-nee, Myles-nii... stop fighting.." Athanasia teared up. "And stop hurting Josh-nii, h-he didn't do anything wrong..."

"A~hh, you made her cry," Myles said, patting his childhood friend's back.

"It's your fault!" Emma flicked his hand off and turned back to Athanasia. "Athu, we're not fighting... it's just a... mature talk.."

"Pfft- yeah sure.." Myles scoffed earning a hard nudge from the lime head.

"Really? You two are not fighting..?" Athanasia sniffles.