10. prodigy

: short chapter

"Joshua, what are you doing here?" Helena huffed, turning to the ravenette who is laying on their classroom's window.

"I'm bored, so I came here to see you!" He said with a cheeky grin on his face. "My class are having this game blah blah blah and it's so boring."

"You should really study or you will be living in a cruel life," Helena said, shaking her head as she faced her notes. She's studying for their upcoming test later and she forgot to study the half of her notes.

"Helenaaaa," Athanasia whined. "Athy don't get this part!!"

"Hm, let me see then.." Helena scooted closer to the smaller and read the problem and taught the solution.

Joshua watched Helena teach Athanasia with a bored look on his face. hm.. not bad.. He took a peek on the problem and let out a huff.

I wanna go home..

He stood up and shoved hid hands in his pockets. "You guys are boring, I'm cutting class."

"Eh?" Helena perked up and watched the older leave their room with a confused look. "O-Oka— YAH! Don't you dare cut class!!"

Before she could even stop the older, Joshua jumped off the window and landed perfectly fine on the ground.

"EMMA'S GONNA KILL YOU DUMMY!!" Helena yelled but the ravenette didn't listen and just jump across the gate.

-

"You should study."

Joshua clicked his tongue as he heard that line, it always annoyed him. It always reminded him of his parents.

He walked down the streets, not giving a care to everyone around him. With those judging and disappointing looks that he always hate, he ignored all of that.

"Joshua, what is this score?! 47 over 50?!"

"Shut up old man.." He grumbled through gritted teeth, clenching his fist trying not to punch someone close to him.

He arrived in front of his house and climed up to his room, not wanting to see the cold look of his mother and the deafening yells of her.

"You could've done better!! Look at your brother, he got the perfect score!!"

He almost slipped off the roof as he recalled the smug look of his brother's face. He wanted nothing but to tear that look from his brother and beat him.

Well, he did beat him up but that made his parente hate him and did not treat him like their own child.

"Who are you?"

He stopped.

"You're not my son.."

Tears ran down to his cheeks, reaching up to the window of his room. He wiped his tears off, letting out a shaky breath trying to forget that hateful words from his mother whom he always love.

He landed on the paper flooded floor of his room, stepping all of the papers on the floor.

'Joshua Micheal Cruz best in history with an average of 98.5%'

'Joshua Micheal Cruz best in Mathematics with an average of 98.9%'

'Science- 98.5%'

'Top 1 Mathematics quizer, Joshua Micheal Cruz'

'English- 97%'

'Home Ec- 96.9%'

'Arts- 97.5%'

'Joshua Micheal Cruz, Top 1 in speaking 5 foreign language'

'Best Science quizer goes to Joshua Cruz!'

He stepped all of it like it was nothing and walked towards his bed and layed down. His face facing on a certain picture frame on his nightstand.

It was the picture of his family and him in the past.

Slowly he shut his eyes close, letting out one last tear with a smile on his face.

"You should really study or you will be living in a hard life."

I tried my best for years yet my life is still so hard...

Why don't they just give me the love that I always want?

“You don't know what hides behind that smile.”

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 10