32. Know your place

"Lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch!!" Athanasia sang as she happily hopped down the hall with Helena following her. "Helena faster! Emma-nee is waiting!!"

"Okay, okay- Athy, look out!" Helena yelled, noticing that someone is walking towards Athanasia.

Athanasia turned around to see what was it but it was too late. She bumped on the person's chest and stumbled backwards. "Owie.."

"Athy, are you okay?!" Helena asked as she rushed over to her.

"A-Athy's fine."

Helena turned to the person and bowed as an apology. It was a blue haired boy, probably a 3rd year. The boy smiled and bowed slightly, his eyes were fixed on Athanasia who's rubbing her nose.

Athanasia noticed the person's stare at her and look up to see who he is. She suddenly froze in her spot when she saw his face. Blue hair, gray eyes and that familiar face.

Its her ex.

"Athy?" Helena called, waving her hand in front of the smaller's face. "Athy, you look pale. Are you okay?"

Athanasia wanted to run but her legs are stuck on the ground. The memories of her past flashed in her mind as she stared at the boy in front of her. The memories that she don't want to remember.

"Are you okay?" Her ex asked, as if nothing happened between them. He was about to reach for her arm but Athanasia immediately took a step back and slapped his hand away.

"D-Don't come near me..." She said with a trembling voice. "Why are you here?"

"Eh?" Helena tilted her head. "You two know each other?"

The innocent look of the boy in front of them change, his lips curved up into a histeric way, that kind of smile that Athanasia don't want to see. "I can't believe to did that to me," He said, chuckling. "I thought I told you not to slap your master away."

"We broke up, Aaron," Athanasia almost immediately replied. "You can't control me whatever you want. You don't own me."

"Wait, wait, wait!!" Helena tried to butt in. "He's your ex?? You've dated a guy before???"

"Not now Helena," Athanasia muttered, pulling her behind. "I-I'll explain later."

"Without telling me," Aaron said with gritted teeth. "You left me without telling me!"

"Because if I told you, you wouldn't let me!"

"Because you're mine!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not yours?!"

Tears swells in her eyes, remembering their past, remembering the mistake that she made in the past. There's a lot of students began to circle around them and to see what was the fuss, but Athanasia didn't care, she wanted to yell everything that she wanted to yell at him.

She suddenly saw his hand going up and flew towards her face in a very fast pace. She immediately close her eyes and wait for the hand to hit her.

A loud smack echoed in the hall. Athanasia slowly opened her eyes, confused. There's no pain, She thought.

She looked up to see Helena standing in front of her with her right cheek turning dark red. Her eyes widened in surprise. "H-Helena?!"

Helena slowly look up to Aaron despite of how hurt her cheek is, she glared up to him. "Look, I don't know what kind past you have with Athy but if you dare to hurt her, I will not hesitate to kill you."

"Do you know who you were talking to?" Aaron raised a brow, glaring back at Helena. "And stay out of this, you bitch or I will slap you again, this time it will be ten times more stronger than what I gave earlier."