28. I'm here for you

"Help me.."

Athanasia saw something shining from the other side of the room, she slowly walked towards where the thing is and stare at it. It was a pen.

She picked it up and checked on it, the ink, the shape, the sharpness of the pen. She stared at the point of the pen deeply, her eyes were filled in fear and depression as she heard the voice of her ex again.

She gritted her teeth, closing her eyes to at least low down the scary an hurtful noises in her head. Slowly she pointed the pen on her wrist with trembling hands. This... the voices will stop now.. She told herself.

As the pen was about to stab her, she heard a loud knock on the door, making her jump and threw the pen away. She blinked for a while to process what she was doing and collapsed on her knees. She can't believe what she was about to do to herself.

"ATHANASIA!!" Lucas' voice can be heard from the other side of the room.

A wave of relief surge in her, tearing up as she heard Lucas' voice. Athanasia stood up, holding herself to stop trembling. "Lucas.." She breathed as she made her way to the door.

"ATHANASIA!!" Lucas called again, kicking the door. He turned to his friends, glaring at them. "What are you two standing there for?!! Go get the keys!!"

Myles and Joshua nodded and ran away to get the keys for the locked room. Lucas tried to hit his shoulder to open the door but it still won't open. "ATHANASIA!! Are you there?!!"

"Lucas?" Athanasia called, stopping when she heard the door banging so loudly. "Lucas, is that you?!!"

Lucas stopped. He punched the door as he calmed down when she heard her voice. "Athanasia! Yes, it's me!! Don't worry, I'll be there, just wait!!" He grunted when he tried to shove his body to open the door.

After trying for how many times, the door broke open, revealing a crying Athanasia. Lucas' eyes widened when he saw her. He immediately walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her. Athanasia's eyes widened, still can't believe that Lucas is here but then relaxed as soon she realized that it's really him.

"Lucas.." She sniffled, clutching on his shirt. "Lucas... I-I was so scared..."

Lucas hugged her tight, caressing her hair. "I know.. I'm sorry... I'm sorry.."

Athanasia didn't answer and buried her face in his chest, crying so loud. Lucas' heart broke as he hear her break down in his arms, he kept whispering her some calming words to calm her down, which it worked.

"Oh, he broke the door open," Myles blinkes as him and Joshua arrived with the key. "I guess we're late."

-

"Myles!" Emma called as she ran towards him. "Where is Athy?! Is she okay?!!"

"Yeah.. I guess," Myles replied. "Lucas is driving her home, since she suddenly passed out after crying in his arms."

Emma let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodne- wait.. she cried?"

Myles nodded.

That made Emma's blood boil. Myles noticed her change of aura and sighed, pinching her cheek. "What are you gonna do, little miss?"

Emma frowned and slapped his hand away. "I'm planning a murder tonight. Wanna join?"

"I would love to," Myles said with a chuckle. "But Lucas will be taking care of them. Don't bother them, those bitches are not worth for your anger."

"Mhm.." Emma pouted. "Damn, I wanted to kill them. How dare they make Athy cry."

"I know. Now calm down now," Myles said ruffling her hair before giving her a peck on the cheek. "Go back to class. You're gonna be late."

"Myles.." Emma raised a brow. "Fine.."

"Good," Myles smiled then gave her a peck on the forehead. "See you later."

"Mhm.."

-

"She won't let go, huh?" Ijekiel chuckled as he covered his cousin with a blanket. "Sorry for this Lucas."

Athanasia is now sleeping on her bed with a plushie in her arms, her hand were holding on Lucas' shirt tightly as she slept.

"Nah, it's fine." Lucas smiled.

"And also, thank you for saving her," Ijekiel said. She's never really good in dark places, that's why."

"Mhm.." Lucas hummed but something bugged him that that's not the reason why Athanasia broke down. It might be something else. And more importantly, Ijekiel don't know about her problems?

"I'll be going now, please take care of her Lu," Ijekiel said before giving Lucas a light punch on the shoulder and walked out of the room.

As soon as Ijekiel walked out of the room, Lucas looked down to the younger worriedly. His hand gently caresses her cheek. "Dummy, why did you tried to hide it?" He muttered.

"Because I don't want everyone to worry.."

Lucas was startled when Athanasia suddenly spoke, he noticed her waking up and let out a sigh of relief.

"Really?" He sighed again, facing her. He held her hand gently. "You know, if you still keep on hiding, it will make everyone worry about you more."

"I know.." Athanasia smiled, slowly sitting up. "Just... give me some time okay..? I'll tell Emma and the others about this.. it's just.. I still feel afraid of what might happen if I tell them.."

Lucas stared at his girlfriend for a second before scooting closer, his arms spread wide. "C'mere.." He muttered.

Athanasia moved closer and let him hug her. Seh let out a sigh of relief, feeling safe and protected in his arms. She felt his hand caressing her back, making her feel more comfortable and warm.

"If everything turns bad.. don't worry.. I'm still here for you okay?" Lucas said, giving her a long kiss on the head. "Well, I'm sure that they will understand you. You're their friend of course."

Athanasia smiled, hugging her boyfriend tightly. "Thank you Lucas..." She whispered as she let out one last tear before going back to sleep. "I'm glad that I have you."

"For you.."

Lucas looked down at his phone and texted someone before putting Athanasia down back to her bed. He kissed her forehead before going out of the room to look for something to cook later when she wake up.

A T T E N T I O N
chap. 28