39. goodbye

A week later...

"I'm gonna miss you!!" Helena cried as she hugged Athanasia tightly.

Athanasia hugged back, trying to hold back her tears. "Athy's going to miss Helena too..."

Emma at the back, sniffled as she wipes off her tears away. "Me too, Athy... You better take care of yourself okay... I'm not gonna be there to protect you so stay strong okay?"

Athanasia nodded, still hugging Helena. "I will Emma-nee."

"Stay safe out there, lil one," Myles said, smiling sadly as he pulled Emma closer by the waist.

"Thanks, Myles-nii," Athanasia smiled.

The two let go and Helena went back beside her boyfriend.

"Make sure to come back!" Joshua yelled, tearing up. "We'll be waiting!!"

"I'll make sure to come back!" Athanasia playfully saluted.

Lucas arrived with Athanasia's suitcase and gave it to her, putting it down beside her.

Athanasia gave her friends a knowing look to tell them she needs small talk with her boyfriend. They all nodded and walked away, even if they wanted to stay with her one last time.

"I..." Lucas started to talk as he stares down at Athanasia. "I'm gonna miss you..."

Athanasia's eyes softened, slowly tearing up. She reached up to hold his face, caressing it softly. "What? You were the one who told me to go."

"Yeah, I know but..." Lucas let out a sigh, trying not to cry. "I have no choice..."

Athanasia's heart broke to see Lucas looking away from her as if he doesn't want to let her see his crying face.

"Lucas...?" She called, biting her bottom lip. "Lucas, look at me..."

Athanasia tilted her head to see his face. She felt her tears escaping her eyes as he saw his face.

Lucas was crying.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Athanasia chuckled sadly, pulling Lucas's face up to face her. "If you're gonna cry like that it'll be hard for me to leave you."

Lucas chuckled. "Then should I cry more?"

Athanasia laughed as she wipes the tears off his face. "Even times like this, you can still make a joke?"

"I don't want to see you sad. I'll do anything just to see you smile, even if it's gonna lower my pride," Lucas said, leaning close to kiss the tip of her nose.

"I don't want to see you sad either," Athanasia pouted.

An announcement of Athanasia's flight echoed through the speakers, causing the lovers to jump lightly at the sudden announcement.

"Well... I guess I have to go..." Athanasia said sadly, holding her boyfriend's hand, swaying it.

"Call me when you get there," Lucas said, giving a kiss at the back of her hands. "I'm gonna miss you so bad."

"Me too..."

"I love you, remember that."

"Of course I'll remember, I love you too."

"Bye..."

"... Bye..."

The two finally let go. Lucas watches Athanasia walking away, leaving him. His heart aches as he watches her slowly disappear.

He let out a huge sigh, biting his bottom lip to stop himself from crying.

As Athanasia was close to going to the guard where she will give her ticket, someone called her name.

"ATHANASIA!!"

Athanasia was surprised as she heard her name behind her, she immediately turned around and saw Lucas running towards her.

"Lucas?! What are you--!"

As soon as Lucas arrived, he held her by the waist and pulled her into a kiss.

Athanasia's eyes widened in shock as she felt his lips went on hers. Slowly, she kissed back, feeling a pang on her chest as she felt his tears touching her cheeks.

I love you.

I'll miss you...

Come back soon... Please...

- years later

"I'm home!" A brunette yelled as she walked into an apartment.

"Welcome home," Her lover came from the kitchen, walking towards her to give her a loving kiss on the cheek. "How's your day, sweets?"

"It was fun! And also have you heard from Athy that she's coming home on the 11th?!" The brunette squealed in excitement.

"Wait, what?!!" Her lover exclaimed. "I haven't heard of that nor Lucas told me about it!"

"Really?" The brunette frowned.

"Yep. He hasn't told me a thing."

"That's weird..."

"Dunno."

"Alright!" The brunette broke the confused silence and turned her lover around, pushing him back to the kitchen. "Didn't you texted me earlier that you will try and cook us dinner? I'm excited about what it will taste like!"

"Yah! I'm not that good at cooking so don't expect something!"

"I know, I know~ even if it's bad, I still love you."

"... me too, I love you."

The couple made their way to the kitchen. Leaving a glint of a gem shined through the light from the brunette's ring finger.

-

A loud choke echoed from a certain table.

"Ems, are you okay?!"

Emma nodded, wiping off the juice on her mouth. "Y-Yeah I'm fine..."

"What's wrong?" Her lover asked, giving her a tissue.

"Athy's coming home..."

"WHAT?!!"

-

"Hahaha! Yes, yes~"

"I know, I'll tell you everything~"

She let out a sigh, inhaling the familiar air of her home.

“ I'm home. ”
A T T E N T I O N
chap. 39

: sorry for the short chapie~
Last chapter on Saturday❤ thank you for the 500 followers, have a great day