55 // Dimple Cheek and Prince Charming

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
Dimple Cheek and Prince Charming
•••

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVEDimple Cheek and Prince Charming•••

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀɪʟʟᴏ

Nolan's dad said I could stay for a few days, so I did. But the longer I stayed, the more exhausted I started feeling. It was torture as I never actually got to sleep. I just couldn't.

"Oakley?" Nolan said quietly on the third night.

"Yeah?"

"I can't sleep."

"Me neither," I replied, sitting up against my pillow. Nolan did the same and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Do you think they are still talking about it?" I stared at the pitch blackness in front of me.

"I don't know."

We sat there in silence like we'd been doing a lot lately.

"Let's play a game," Nolan suggested. "Let's write ourselves a story."

"What?"

"I'll start, then you continue, and we'll just take turns. We can just pretend to be normal or something."

"Okay. Yeah, we can do that."

"One day, a boy and his family had to move towns. This meant the boy went to a new school, and that made him really really nervous until he bumped against another boy. He had the most gorgeous, spiraling curls, eyes the color of burnt caramel, and the most alluring smile that would cause his left cheek to contract into a dimple.

"Something about the dimply-cheeked boy caught... caught the boring boy's attention."

"You're far from bo—"

"I'm not done yet," he interrupted me.

"But I thought we were taking turns!" Nolan ignored me.

"Something about the dimple-cheeked boy caught Boring Boy's attention."

"I hate the dimple."

"Shut up," he said, laughing. "So Boring Boy majorly embarrasses himself and panics, and as annoying as Dimple Cheek is, he doesn't leave."

"Can we at least change your name?" I whined.

"Fine. It's your turn."

"Dimple Cheek was mesmerized from the moment he realized Boring Boy the most beautiful green eyes he'd ever seen."

"Hey, you said—"

"It has to be a cohesive storyline, Boring Boy. Now shut up and let me finish."

"I should've called you Annoying Guy."

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't hide my smile. "Boring Boy had the most mesmerizing eyes, the most beautiful bone structure, and the most enchanting personality, so Dimple Cheek started calling him Prince Charming. From that day on, Dimple Cheek knew that he had to get to know the boy with the pretty eyes, and he wouldn't stop until he got that." I turned around so my back was facing him, and then I lie back down so my head was resting on his lap. I grinned, looking up at him. "Now it's your turn again."