69 // the semantics

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
the semantics
•••

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINEthe semantics•••

ᴏᴀᴋʟᴇʏ ᴄᴀʀɪʟʟᴏ

I didn't like being on medication. Taking them ruined my completely planningless lifestyle, they made me nauseous, and they gave me terrible diarrhea. However, I did learn to live with them eventually. After causing Nolan to have massive headaches and even more anxiety.

It's been roughly a week since I've been taking them consistently now, and I could tell Nolan was being a bit more relaxed. The Instagram situation was still fucked up, but I had to put it in the background for now to focus on my health, as Nolan suggested.

"Why are you still here?" my sister asked as I was just sitting on the couch, scrolling through my phone with the TV providing me some background noise. I'd been sitting on this couch for a solid six hours, only getting up to get food or to use the toilet. I was waiting for some kind of text from Mason who was currently having a meeting with the label about the unreleased music, how to keep it on the low, and what to possibly do with it.

"I live here?" The way she looked at me made even me question that. Her nose was slightly scrunched up, and one of her eyebrows was just the tiniest bit raised.

"I'm just surprised you've been sitting here all day when you haven't been at home at all lately."

"Yeah. I still have an album to finish, the label has most of my unreleased projects and Nolan is leaving in a few days."

"He's leaving? And what unreleased projects?"

"Yeah. Some movie. He's gonna be gone for a few months." Talking about it made me dizzy. I didn't like how he was leaving right as I started getting better. "I'll see if we can meet when he has a day off, though. As for the unreleased projects... it's bad. It's really bad."

"Elaborate?"

"My Instagram got leaked again," I said, watching her as she groaned in frustration.

"Do you not learn from your mistakes?" she asked, clawing the air with her hands like a melodramatic children's cartoon.

"In my defense, I was in a really weird place mentally! Either way, Mason's talking to the label now so there's nothing I can do, really."

"Fair." She sat down next to me, her hands resting on her knees. She wasn't slouching as she'd usually do. She looked like she was a guest in a stranger's house and didn't know what to do or say.

"Uhm, you okay?" I asked. I didn't think leaked songs would have her in such a state. Not if she didn't even get the hear the full story yet.

She looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite read. Her eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open, like she was planning on saying something but changed her mind.