20 // mildly attractive

CHAPTER TWENTY
mildly attractive
•••

CHAPTER TWENTYmildly attractive•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

I got that god damn part.

The part that will get me back in the industry, because no one else fucking wants me right now.

The movie is shit though. It's quite literally a piece of crap.

My phone rang and I picked up without even looking at the caller ID. I'd do anything to procrastinate reading that god forbidden script.

"Hi there," Oakley's low voice echoed from my phone. I laid back on my bed, staring at the boring white ceiling.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked. He let out a low chuckle, which made me smile.

"I don't know. You've just got a nice voice to listen to."

I couldn't help it. I blushed. I know he didn't mean it in that way, but being complimented by a guy that's at least mildly attractive automatically just does something to me. And then there's the part where he's definitely more than mildly attractive.

Compose yourself, Nolan.

"Well, did anything interesting happen today?" I asked.

"Told my manager I was kinda done with the teenage heartthrob era and want to go in a different direction. Just one more EP and I'll be free to do whatever."

I could hear from the way he talked how big he was grinning. His smile is so contagious that it made mine grow from the other side of the line.

"How are things at your end of fame, Noles?"

"Noles?"

"Trying something new," he said.

"Well, not as great as you. Gotta do this shitty film to get back on track. But filming won't take too long. I hope I'm done in two months."

"Hmm. The guy who advices me to do what makes me happy, doesn't do what makes him happy. Interesting," he said. "You know, if you've got time, you could come and visit me at the studio."

I wanted to come and visit him at the studio. And I was about to say yes. But than I looked back at my chest where my script was lying so peacefully. I still had to read that shit.

"Ah fuck," I sighed. "Still got to read this shitty script."

"Oh," he said, his voice dropped at least an octave. "Well, good luck I guess?"