28 // say it

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
say it
•••

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTsay it•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

I never had issues to be in front of a camera like this before. Whenever I was working, I didn't feel that constant pressure of presenting myself properly. All I had to do was put up a character. I wasn't judged on me, I was judged on the character I was playing. And I didn't mind that.

This was different, though. I wasn't being a character. It didn't feel right.

"Nolan." Kylan nudged me in the shoulder. "You okay?"

"Shut up," I said, shaking my wrists.

"Look. You're just nervous." He looked around and then back at me. "Follow me," he said, grabbing my wrist as he pulled me along.

"Kylan let go," I said, trying to pull my arm away. He didn't let go and he didn't answer me.

"Kylan, we have like ten minutes. Let the fuck go of me!" I pulled again, and it made him stop, but he still wouldn't let go.

"I'm trying to help you." He looked around once more before handing me a joint.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked him bluntly.

"Nolan, it's totally fine. It's not anything new."

"I'm nervous and the first solution you can come up with is weed? I'm not a kid anymore." I turned around to walk back, but Kylan grabbed my wrist.

"Oh come on, Nolan. It's not like it's anything new to you."

"Don't fucking try me."

"It worked back then. What's the issue now?" he asked, letting me go. I took my chance to just turn around and walk away.

"I quit a year ago. That's all you need to know," I said as a kept walking.

I didn't need to explain anything.

I made my way back to the studio portion of the building. It was a mistake to even come here. I wish Kylan could just fucking disappear out of my life. But for now, I was stuck with him.

"Nolan, I'm sorry," he said when he finally found his way back. "I'll be right next to you, okay? Just pretend the camera isn't there and you're just... I don't know, swearing at me or something."

"Yeah, cause people will love to see me just arguing with you," I said, rolling my eyes. Kylan for some reason laughed.

"You don't realize this, but the fact that you're constantly swearing and being bitter actually doesn't make you look bad at all."

"What is that even supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You're kinda mean in a charming way, if that makes sense?"