16 // one of a kind

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
one of a kind
•••

CHAPTER SIXTEENone of a kind•••

ɴᴏʟᴀɴ ᴍᴜʟʟᴇɴ

I might've just found myself a new friend.

One thing I noticed about Oakley was the way he could talk a lot without seeming like it's all about him. From what I could tell, Oakley was one of the most humble people I've ever met.

He also reminded me a shit ton of Ava.

After we finished our ice cream, we made our way outside to just walk around. No doubt mom would be happy with that.

"You remind me of someone," I said. I could practically feel his eyes on me.

"I do?" he asked. "Hm, I thought I was special," he said, smirking. "One of a kind, and all that."

I laughed.

Of course they were different in certain aspects, but he still reminded me of her. Their humor was similar, and both had great people skills. If I were to describe them, they'd sound the same. But anyone who looks deeper than the surface would find there's a lot of difference too.

It was right then when my phone started ringing, the screen flashing up with Ava's name.

"Speaking of the devil," I muttered.

"The person?" Oakley asked, his brows raised. I nodded.

I denied the call, not wanting to listen to one of her endless stories. I was trying to have an actual conversation. Besides, it would be rude to pick up, wouldn't it? I think?

My phone rang again though, and I rolled my eyes. Though before I could hang up, my phone wasn't in my hands anymore.

I looked up at Oakley who was holding my phone in his hands, as he picked up and laughed.

He put it on speaker so I could hear Ava's endless ramble.

Long story short, her 'mortal enemy' turned out to be a fan of mine and she managed to make her jealous.

"Impressive breath control," Oakley noted, cutting her off as he looked at me. I chuckled softly.

"Wait, did I dial the wrong number? Wait, that's impossible because who even still dials numbers? Who am I talking to?"

"Hi, I'm —"

"— irrelevant," I finished him. "Ava, ringing twice meant emergency!"

"It is," she argued. "But fine, you're busy. I'll call you back later!"

"Ava, wai—"

Before I could even finish, she hung up on me. I covered my face with my hands. If there was one person who could embarrass me to death, it would be Ava.

"Secret girlfriend?" Oakley asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Definitely not," I laughed. I never even thought we'd give off those vibes, but people thought that a lot about us. Maybe I just missed it because I'm in possession of a deadly amount of gay.

Though I did know I'm a pretty good actor.

"Never even—"

"Nope. Never liked her like that. And I never will."

Oakley laughed at that.

"Such a shame. She sounds great."

"She is. Just not for me," I said, finally grabbing my phone back with a grin on my face.

 Just not for me," I said, finally grabbing my phone back with a grin on my face

AUTHOR'S NOTE

If you're interested in any updates about this book, and occasionally about my life, you can follow me 😉

And if you like this story, please vote! If I have anything to improve on, please just leave a comment. I read all of them 😊

Bye ❤️