ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟝

"What the fuck happened?!" Gavino said, rushing into the bathroom

"What the fuck happened?!" Gavino said, rushing into the bathroom. I was lost for words. I had no idea what just happened. I was walking past Rose's room to wake her up since it was almost twelve, and Dad was worried that she hadn't eaten yet today.

"I-I don't know. She was breathing really heavy and throwing up. She feels like she has a fever. Let's call an ambulance," I said, still in shock. "She was crying, no sobbing. I don't think she could recognize me when I walked into the room," 

By the time I started explaining, everyone was already inside her room, looking at Rose laying in my arms, blacked out. Except for Dad, who had a business meeting to attend. Gino got on the phone and called an ambulance from one of the hospitals we own to know we are the priority.

"I think there might be damage to her lungs. Rose went without air for a while. Her temperature is increasing by the second," I said urgently. When I said I would protect her, I didn't know what from. I can chase off bad guys and punch all of the people in the world, but she's barely breathing in my arms. How did that promise go to shit this fast?

"She was just fine before she went to bed. What happened!?" Romeo said, not knowing what to do. There was nothing much we could do besides waiting for medical help. Dad doesn't let anything mafia-related at the house. Meaning no guards or a medical wing. We have things to give someone stitches and remove a bullet, but not whatever is happening with her.

"I'm going to call Dad and tell him to meet us at the hospital," Carlo said, walking out of the room with the phone to his ear. 

"The ambulance is almost here. Only one of us can go in with her," Gino said with the phone still to his ear. All of us were on the brink of tears. What the hell happened? She was freaking out so much it sent her body into a fucking mess.

"I'll go. One of you is going to have to calm down, Dad, when he gets to the hospital," Cedric said, bending down to the bathroom floor and taking Rose out of my arms. She was ghostly pale, and her pulse was barely there.

We all walked down the stairs behind Cedric and watched the paramedics load Rose into the ambulance. When they drove away, I heard a sniffle beside me. Turning my head, I see Romeo with a lone tear streaming down his face. None of us is the emotional type, but Romeo is always there as our rock when we show emotion.

"We just got her back w-what happened?" He asked barely over a whisper, yet all of us could hear it through the deafening silence.

"We have to go to the hospital. Dad didn't answer the phone, so I called one of the guards to tell him it's an emergency involving Rose," Carlo said. Gavino and Gino are both stuck in their silence, not knowing what to say.  All of us are still processing on the ride to the hospital.

  All of us are still processing on the ride to the hospital

The last time I was in an emergency room, it was with Gino because he got shot in the leg on one of his missions

The last time I was in an emergency room, it was with Gino because he got shot in the leg on one of his missions. Even then, we had such a minor injury that he stayed awake the whole ride to the hospital, talking and laughing. The bullet didn't even hit an artery. 

None of us were looking too good right now. Gavino was pacing back and forth while Gino kept tapping his foot. Carlo was picking at the cushion of the seat he was sitting on in a pitiful attempt to distract herself. Cedric was staring at the doors the doctor left with Rose, probably thinking if he stared long enough, the doctor would come out with good news. Giani was sitting with his head in his hands, not uttering a word since we got into the car.

Dad hadn't got here yet, although Carlo kept trying his phone, which he didn't answer. Deciding since he is her legal guardian, he should be fucking acting like it, I blew up his phone, calling repeatedly. 

I'm not usually this short-tempered even when it comes to what I think, but my sister is in a fucking hospital. I barely said over three sentences to her. Giani has only called her a Dumbass once or twice. 

All of a sudden, Dad walked into the waiting room, looking confused. His tie was hung loosely around his neck. His usual neat hair was now tousled and splayed over his eyes. I could see the dark bags forming under his eyes. We had been here for about an hour. Not even a word has been said, all of us sitting here thinking about all of the possibilities.

"What happened?" Dad asked all of us, seeing our obvious distress and exhaustion. I couldn't imagine being in Dad's shoes. He just got his daughter back, and not even a week later, she is in the hospital.

"I was checking in on her at twelve, and I found her throwing up, was boiling hot..." Giani said, trailing off, leaving something out.

"What? What are you not telling me?" Dad asked Giani.

"She couldn't catch her breath. Rose was crying. I think she had a panic attack or started freaking out because she was sick. She just blacked out," Giani said, his voice cracking at the end. Even though none of us would ever admit it, we worry all of the fucking time. About literally everything because we have almost everyone after us and our money. 

"Have you heard anything?" Dad asked all of us, sitting down in the seat in the corner.

"Nothing ye-" Carlo is interrupted by one of the doctors walking out the double doors we were not allowed to go past.

"Family of Rose Giordano's?" the doctor called out. All of us shot out of our seats, but not before Dad got up and basically ran to the doctor.

"Is she okay? Do you know what happened? Is it going to happen again? When can we see her?" Dad said, starting to rattle off questions left and right. They were all important, but I think he was overwhelming the doctor.

"I need to talk to you in my office. It's about Rose's medical records that you probably weren't informed of. Also, about future appointments that need to be made with our psychologist," The doctor said. Wait, psychologist. Medical history?

What the fuck happened to you, Rose?