Epilogue

You know those moments where you are one hundred percent sure you fucked everything up? Well, I am having one of these moments

You know those moments where you are one hundred percent sure you fucked everything up? Well, I am having one of these moments. I talked to Dad, and he understood why I did everything I did. We agreed to keep the fact that I am a mafia leader from everyone else when they find out I'm alive. Currently, Dad told me to sit in my room and wait for Lucifer.

He saw that I was itching to see him. I just wanted him to forgive me. What I did was totally fucked up. Lucifer poured his heart out to me, and then I faked my death. This shit is straight out of a TV show, and from what I know on the TV shows, the ones who fake their death usually end up being the villains in the storyline.

I have no problem being the villain in everyone's stories, just not his. Never his, I was nervous picking at my nails and fidgeting with my hair. I heard the shaking of the doorknob, followed by the door being pushed open. No one else knows I'm here besides my Dad, who was sitting in his office avoiding everyone.

Lucifer walked in with his head down, watching his feet. Nothing was in his hands, but he walked closer to the bed without looking up once again. He still didn't look up when he slipped his shoes off and fell on the bed, barely missing me. Lucifer was lying on his back, his eyes still fucking closed.

I took in a heavy breath and sighed, making him pop up in a sitting position. His eyes were finally open and looking at me. Lucifer looked shocked, to say the least. I'm pretty sure he thought he imagined me, so he scrubbed his hands down his face, rubbing his eyes. I grabbed his wrists and pulled them from his face making him still.

"Hey," I said, simply shrugging my shoulders. I've been worrying so much about his reaction that I didn't rehearse anything to say, preparing an explanation. I did nothing to ease him into the fact that I am very much alive.

"Rose," He said my name as he had never heard it before. He looked like he was looking at a stranger, and it broke my heart. I pushed down all the unwanted sad emotions and remained calm. "Is it really you?" His hand came towards my face, his rough palm caressing my cheek. Lucifer's hands were shaking, and he did not attempt to hide that.

"If this is a dream, it's really fucked up; wait, scratch that this is fucked up, period," He said, not talking to me directly but more to himself. I reached up, grabbed his hand on my cheek, and gently placed my hand on his grasping it.

I felt the cool rings on his hand biting into my skin, telling me this is very real too. "I'm sorry," I said immediately. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion, and his eyes solely focused on me. His lips parted, and it took everything in me not to kiss the fuck out of him, the only thought that had gotten me through the month.

"Why are you sorry, darling?" Lucifer asked, still calm and not histerical, even though I literally came back to life. Even though he wasn't screaming angry, or shocked silent tears built up in his blue eyes. "You are here," Lucifer said, a small smile breaking out on his face.

"I left you, I left everyone," Tears built up in my eyes, and for the first time, I let myself feel. I felt the loss of my mother, felt the dull pain aching in my side. I betrayed them, is what I see from my eyes. When I told Lucifer I loved him, I meant forever. Nothing would ever make me stop, until death and even then, my love would remain.

Lucifer dropped his hands from me, and I instantly felt the loss of contact before two arms wrapped around me, bringing me closer to him now pulled against this chest. His heart was beating fast, and his breaths came out in small gusts of air.

I looked up at him, bringing my ear from his chest, my face now close to his, our noses almost touching. "I thought I lost you," Lucifer said, his voice gentle but breaking towards the end. Tears fell down his cheeks that neither of us attempted to wipe away. "Rose, you took a bullet for me," His shoulders were now shaking, and sobs built up in my throat, but I once again swallowed it down.

"I understand if you can't forgive me-" I started but was caught by surprise when his lips were on mine. It was desperate. His hands were clutching my waist as if I was going to disappear from his grasp. He bit down on my lower lip, making a sting appear, and he kissed it away.

"Rose, I love you. You taking a bullet for me only makes me love you more," Lucifer said, looking at me, still keeping his tight grip on me.

"I thought you would have a more. I don't know, shocked reaction," I said, giggling to myself because all of this seems so unreal.

"I hadn't fully accepted your death. I thought I would feel it when you die. Like I would stop breathing, or my heart would actually break, but that didn't happen. Life doesn't stop for you even if you have nothing to live for is what I have discovered," Lucifer said, his words somber but true. "Therefore, I thought you dying didn't actually happen, so I slept in here every night only left to grab my diploma and drink until I was uncoordinated," He said, shame coating his voice.

"I'm here now, and I'll tell you all about it when my brothers know I'm not dead," I said, humor coating my voice from how stupid all of this sounded. I faked my death, Jesus, like dead. I was startled by a scream followed by a thud coming from the door.

I turned and saw a passed-out Carlo. on the floor and all of my brothers standing behind him. "I fucking knew it," I heard who I am guessing was Gavino mutter underneath his breath.

I stood up, my hand still clutched by Lucifer, who would not let go of me. Not that I wanted him to. "I'm alive," I said with a reluctant smile on my face.

Then all hell broke loose. Although all of us are heartbroken about our mother's death, we still felt like a family, and to think this could have been taken away makes me even more protective of what I have been given.

I have a family and the love of my life. What else could a girl ask for? Well, money, and a good career, and you know the world's problems to be solved. But this is all I ever wanted. To feel like I belong, and not always looking for a desperate end.

My mother didn't teach me much, but she let me experience a lot. The loss of family, the absence of family, she helped me realize that I need to hold on to that to them. Although they are still jackasses who have their wildly stupid moments, I still love them and I will make sure they know that.

A/N whelp that's a wrap

A/N whelp that's a wrap. Love ya'll who read along when I wrote, and I'll miss you dearly. I hope to see you in my other books, if not thank you for being a dedicated reader. Currently crying.

Side Note: The second book of this series is going to be started soon so if you would like add that to your library.