ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞𝟜

The next morning Rose and Lucifer didn't go their separate ways but instead met with the others at the dining area where they went to eat dinner last night

The next morning Rose and Lucifer didn't go their separate ways but instead met with the others at the dining area where they went to eat dinner last night. Everyone was sitting around the table, already waiting for the late couple that had huge smiles on their faces, even the normally grumpy Lucifer.

Rose sat to the left of Darlo at the end of the table, and Lucifer sat next to Rose. Since all of them have a particular taste in the food, they had an array of options. All different kinds of pancakes and differently cooked eggs. Bacon, sausage, amongst others breakfast foods.

It was safe to say everyone was stuffed at the end of breakfast. Naomi and Romeo went to walk along the beach, and all of her brothers went inside the building that was for everyone but had air condition instead of the unforgiving heat. Lucifer, along with everyone else, followed them in except for Rose and Darlo.

Darlo was looking at his daughter, thinking of what to say. He wanted to tell her some important things, things that most don't know. "I love your mother," he started, looking towards Rose. She felt that this conversation was long overdue, but she tried her best to avoid it due to the emotions and traumas it would bring up for everyone.

"Even over the years, that love never dimmed. She's the light of my life, and I would wait for an eternity to see her again," He said, trying to will himself not to think of everything he buried since she left. Darlo never dealt with the grief of losing his wife and daughter. Even if he had her back, he still didn't get to raise her, guide her, protect her.

The things she went through made her stronger, but she didn't have to go through those things to learn and grow. The fact that she could pick herself up without any help, to still find it in her to live, to breath no matter how simple it may seem meant more than words could express.

"And you look so much like her. Act so much like her. No matter how much I want to take responsibility for your behaviors. Your mother and I got acquainted by her punching me in the face and giving me this scar," Darlo said, pointing to the scar on the bridge of his nose. Sometimes you could catch him rubbing his thumb over it back and forth as if trying to remember what it came from. Even if it resulted in pain, it was definitely something to remember.

"This seems like it's out of nowhere, but I love you, Rose. You are my daughter, and I couldn't be more proud than I am right now. Most would let life and its woes swallow them alive. However, you hold on no matter what. That is definitely something your mother has in common," Darlo said with a soft laugh.

"I love you too, Dad, and I'm sorry you didn't get your happy ending," Rose said, putting her hand on his. Darlo smiled at his daughter, not feeling an inch of regret that he could have changed the result of his love story if it meant getting his kids in return.

"I believe the universe was saving it for something or someone who deserved it most. Get your happy ending Rose, I'll live without one," Darlo said with a silent tear falling down his cheek. He wiped it away before getting up and brushing his clothes off. Before he could walk towards the house, two arms wrapped around his waist.

Rose rested her ear on her father's chest, hearing his rising heartbeat. "Dad, thank you. No matter what, don't think you didn't deserve a happy ending. The universe is just cruel," Rose whispered, knowing he could hear her clearly. Rose felt a kiss on the top of her head and warm arms, returning the hug.

"Thank you, tesoro," He said. God knows he doesn't deserve the things he has, no matter how much he wants to believe so.

__________________

"Naomi, what the hell is going on?" Romeo asked, stopping in front of her when they were a good distance from the others. At first, she was confused before what she confessed last night flashed in her mind. She really was an emotional drunk.

"First you get all flirty, and then you avoid me, then you are claiming that you have feelings for me," Romeo said, stressing, pulling his hair in aggravation. He is considered the nice brother or the intelligent one who doesn't have that bad of a temper. But he can only be pushed so far to his breaking point. And there are certain puzzles that even he can't solve, one being the beauty standing in front of him.

"I am sorry about me being so confusing. It's just Rose, and then I wasn't sure you would feel the same way, and nothing ever works out when I try to admit how I feel, or I get too nervous and literally run away, which could be interpreted as avoiding you. I'm standing by everything I said last night about having feelings for you and not wanting anyone to even look at you too long. Which would drive me mad, but if you don't have the same feelings for me, then I would let these feeling be buried deep-" Naomi was on a ranting rampage that she was almost out of breath, but what happened next is cut off from her words made her think oxygen was a second priority.

Romeo grabbed Naomi's cheeks in his palms, turning her face towards his, and cut her off with the answer that he hoped would get his point across. Of course, he feels the same way. Naomi is fucking beautiful and speaks her mind no matter how much shit it would stir up. Romeo places his lips on hers, tasting the maple syrup left on her lips from breakfast. It was everything he imagined, no more kisses on the cheek, no more subtle glances across the room, and no more hiding how he feels.

Naomi was caught by surprise but soon regained her composure putting her hands in his hair, bringing him closer and falling deeper into the intoxicating storm. Romeo's hands moved from her cheeks to her lower back, one hand firmly holding her in place, the other ran up her back with gentle touches and gripped the back of her neck, lifting her head higher with a better angle.

When they both came up for air, satisfied with silly smiles that they couldn't hold back. "Of course, the feeling is reciprocated, and I would happily be yours if your mine," He whispered on her lips. The only answer he needed was another kiss from Naomi, who was almost jumping in excitement.

"FUCKING FINALLY!!!!" A shout from the end of the beach, the voice belonging to Carlo, who gathered an audience.