ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟜

We went on abandoned roads and questionable turns throughout the drive

We went on abandoned roads and questionable turns throughout the drive. Google maps didn't even have a picture of the place. I would be lying If I said I wasn't panicking. My main priority is making sure Lucifer keeps his questions to a minimum unless he wants me to go bat shit crazy.

Every little thing anyone does right now is making me aggravated. Like a mother fucker could breathe wrong, and I would not even try to hold myself back from snapping their neck. We only had ten minutes left of the drive until we would arrive, so I maintained my cool.

Lucifer's hand was still on my thigh, not helping with my thoughts that were drifting to unholy places. I have never been holy, but still. Finally, we turn onto a gravel road and pull up to a metal gate. It had an engraved R in the middle of the connecting gates. The lawn was tended to, meaning someone was here recently.

However, it was still eerie, I could see past the metal bars, and there was a huge mansion. The weather certainly matched the feeling of the property. The house was modern but very dark. It was raining, and dark clouds loomed over the property. The angels were crying. How fucking ironic.

There was no one at the gates and no way to get in besides push the gates open. I went to open my door before Lucifer locked it from the driver's side and got out of his side. He went and pushed the gates open with ease before getting back into the car.

When we drove down the long driveway, I admired the woods that surrounded the house. It was what you would describe as a haunted forest. The trees would whisper secrets while the hunters plotted your doom. You would have no choice but to be the helpless prey.

Lucifer parked the car, and we both got out, just staring at the wooden doors that were carved by the faintest of hands. The intricate designs told a story, a tragic story. Lucifer went to knock on the door. He raised his fist and knocked. The echo from the inside was so loud we could hear it from the outside.

Stepping forward, I put my hand on the golden knob, twisting it, finding it to be unlocked. I pushed the door open, making a creaking noise. I take a step into the house. The inside was as gloomy as the outside. The dark and deafening silence was all that was left—no sign of life besides the lack of dust on the ancient furniture.

Something that Rose found fucking weird was the fact that the heat was on, and so were the lights. Like someone knew she was coming, but there wasn't anyone here to welcome us. It was bone-chilling even though all her skin felt was warmth. Everything was calm, even with the storm right outside.

Lucifer closed the house door and walked beside me, taking in the place on his own. Neither of us said a word, and I still had no idea what I was supposed to be looking for. Walking further into the house down a hill, I saw family portraits with one man and his many daughters. Slowly going down the hall, I admired every painting until the portraits turned into photographs.

They were family's, but all of them lacked a son, not a man in sight until the last one. When she looked at the photo, she saw the woman from the diner, but more youthful. Next to her was what she could only assume was her twin brother since they were the same age and had similar features.