Confessions

Dinner was quiet, only the clinking of silverware and longing looks across the room

Dinner was quiet, only the clinking of silverware and longing looks across the room. Everyone wanted to talk about their feelings, but no one wanted to be first. Soon everyone left with half-eaten plates and disappointed faces. Dad insisted that everyone stay at the house this week in fear that someone would hurt themselves.

It was a smart move, and I would of forced Dane to live here for the time being especially. Compared to everyone else, Gavino was always distant. He seemed to have hope from what I have no idea. You'd think he would be the one broken the most with seeing the corpses and everything.

As for me, I'm trying to find a way to deal with my grief. I either start fights for no reason or find a place to put the rest of my energy. I watched Dane leave the dining room with his plate towards the kitchen, leaving me in the dining room by myself while everyone else already retired to their rooms. Neither of us had said anything to each other, and it's starting to get on my fucking nerves.

My sister and mother died, and somehow I seem to like the only person that wants to talk about it. His best friend is dead, harsh but very true. I stand up, not bothering to grab my plate. My heavy footsteps sounded around the quiet house as I walked towards the kitchen.

Dane was washing his plate, the lean muscles of his back tense. Soap was on his hands and a sponge laid in one while washing the plate off. After that, he washed his hands and set the plate on the drying rack next to the sink. I watched as he dried his hands off on the hand towel, putting it down only to turn around to see me standing there.

His eyes widened, but I couldn't see a look of shock pass on his face. I guess he knew I was still downstairs, so it couldn't be that shocking. What surprised him was me talking to him. "What the fuck is going on in that head of yours?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, looking at the gentle curves of his bone structure.

He somehow still looked gentle with the distinct features he had, along with the gut-wrenching eyes that follow everyone's movements. Dane doesn't answer my question, seemingly struggling with words at this moment. I take a step further towards him, minimizing the space between us. If I leaned over ever so slightly, our noses would touch just like the point of our shoes.

It was tempting, almost like an instinct, but I wasn't going to do something unless he made the first move. "I asked you a question. I expect an answer," I said, not backing down; my eyes were zeroed in on him. I could tell that Dane was starting to get nervous. His hands were gripping the edge of the countertop behind him, and I could see his abdomen constricting beneath his shirt.

"Right at this moment, I'm extremely nervous," Dane answers, his voice a breathy whisper. The sound of his voice caressed every inch of this room, leaving nothing untouched. He indeed was the center of my world at this moment, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Why?" I asked, my fingers on their own accord dragging across his sharp jaw. A smirk was on my lips that I didn't bother to fight back. "Does my presence make you nervous?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Everything about you makes me nervous. Everything you make me feel is fucking terrifying," He said almost to himself if I didn't know better. Now a full smile was on my face. He is adorable when he is nervous.

"Dane, listen carefully. Whatever you want I'll give it to you. All you have to do is ask," I said, looking him in the eyes. As soon as he processes my words, his fingers hooked in the belt loops of my jeans and dragged me towards him. Our chests were now touching, and my hands went to where they previously were on the countertop, holding myself up.

Even if this wasn't exactly what I thought a conversation with him would entail, at least he was now talking to me.

"Kiss me," Dane whispered, his lips already slanted against mine but not yet touching. I didn't need any other sign before my lips were on his. I felt his fingers tangle in the roots of my hair, tugging my head back further so his lips could delve deeper into mine.

I had some height on him, so my neck bent down to further deepen the kiss. My hands found their way towards his hips, pulling him farther against me. He was warm all over and seemed to make the temperature rise with his physical presence.

I could feel his chest heaving wanting some much-needed air making me pull my head back to give him that, but not stopping. My hand left his hip and went towards the back of his neck, tilting his head upwards towards the side to have access to his neck. I could see his hammering pulse and delicate collar bones.

I didn't waste my time and instead left open mouth kisses down his neck. I let my teeth close in on the delicate flesh where his shoulder and neck meet. I felt his hands grab my biceps and squeeze slightly when he felt the nip of my teeth before I soothed the sting with my tongue.

I heard heavy moans panted from his lips, causing me to lift his head further, so his eyes looked towards the ceiling. My tongue flattened in the middle of his two collar bones and went up the base of his throat towards his Adam's apple. I placed a gentle kiss on it and continued on his jaw, sucking gently every so often, leaving blushing marks.

Finally, my lips were back on his, but the kiss was more punishing this time. Dane pushed his hands at my chest but not detaching his lips. He walked me backward so that my back hit the island. His fingertips slid down my chest and beneath the hem of my shirt before traveling under my shirt. He followed the outline of my abs and gently placed his fingers on every scar he came upon, not flinching away when he felt the brittle skin.

Finally, we both pulled back but didn't step away from each other. All that is heard is the dripping of the facet and our heavy breaths. His forehead was leaning against mine, and I knew the words that he needed to hear.

"Everything will be fine. I'll be right here," I said, believing the words that came from my mouth. I had a father and brothers to rely on. But Dane lived alone and was traumatized by the events leading up to Rose's capture. He couldn't even walk into his penthouse to get his stuff out for the move he was making to a new place he would be on the verge of a panic attack.

I saw tears build up in his eyes, and I didn't try to convince him to stop crying. All I did was stand there with him, wiping away the tears that fell, giving him the occasional kiss when his breathing would quicken.

Unlike me, he hadn't been grieving. "Thank you," he whispered before wrapping his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. This was everything I would ever need, I thought to myself, and this time I really believed it.

A/N I have no final exams today since I'm exempt and decided to write a chapter

A/N I have no final exams today since I'm exempt and decided to write a chapter. I am fucking in love with these two, and I don't think I need to explain why.

Also, give me your thoughts on what you think, if you have any.