ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

I was in the home gym at the punching bag, trying to release some stress

I was in the home gym at the punching bag, trying to release some stress. People say they punch things to resolve their emotions, but that is the thing I am desensitized from my feelings. I am merely just living, going through the motions of life. I am missing something, and I have no idea what. There is no reason to be alive if I can't even feel what it is like to live.

Although my lack of emotions makes it easier to do my job.

I was interrupted from my pity party by the ringing of my phone. I looked at the caller ID, and it was Gavino. He and Dad have been on a business trip for less than 48 hours and are returning today. I pick up the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello," I said out of breath.

"Hey Giani, I have something very important to say, and I need you to be open-minded to what I am about to tell you, okay?" he sounded concerned, and it is scarce for him to show emotion, especially if he is in a business trip.

"Is it that bad you have to be concerned?" I asked jokingly, but when there was silence on the other end of the phone. I brief wave of panic washed over me.

"No, it is not bad. It's just that we..." Gavino said, trailing off, trying to say what he was about to say next.

"Just spit it out!" I said, getting slightly annoyed. He was going to make me panic if he didn't break the news.

"We found her," he said, saying the words as they felt foreign on his tongue.

"Found who?" even though Giani had an idea of what he was talking about, I couldn't have any more false hope. They had been looking for her for years. Their hearts have been broken several times when their leads were dead ends.

"Our sister, her name is Rose. Her foster parent committed suicide while she was at school. Rose didn't come home last night; instead, she got arrested for vandalism on the town's courthouse. Also, I think we have a master manipulator on our hands," he said in what almost sounded like amazement.

Giani, hearing all of this, almost had a heart attack. On the inside, he was jumping with joy even though it didn't show on the outside. Excitement has been the first real emotion he has felt in weeks.

"So, what's happening?" I asked, avoiding the part I talk about how I feel about her finally being here.

"We are about to take off to New York with her with us. Duh," he said obviously. To Giani, it was obvious, although it didn't sound like she had much choice.

"Okay, do you want me to call a family meeting and explain it to the others?" I asked, although my offering was a once in a blue moon occurrence. Dad usually called a family meeting.

"Yes, that would be great, thanks. Rose is sleeping right now, and it is adorable." I never have, and I mean never heard my brother talk about someone like that. It was refreshing.

"Okay, will do enjoy the flight before the chaos, bye," I said before hanging up. Going to my room, I showered and changed into some joggers and a white t-shirt. I walk downstairs and yell for all of my brothers, that are all home today. Dad won't leave us alone after what happened last time. By the way, it wasn't my fault.

"FAMILY MEETING IN THE DINING ROOM RIGHT NOW!" Soon after that, I heard four separate sets of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"What the hell? I was sleeping! What the fuck was so urgent my sleep had to be compromised?" asked Carlo, looking like he got dragged by a bus after being hit by a said bus.

"Go to the dining room, and I will tell you, asshole!?" I yelled at his retreating figure. Soon after, everyone else followed him. I walked into the dining room; everyone was seated in their usual places. I sat down, ready to break the news.

"Hurry the hell up," Cedric said right before I was going to start talking. He's never been very patient.

"Patience, dammit. Anyways as we know, dad went on a business trip and found something very important or someone." I said, trying to ease them into what I was about to tell them. However, they all looked very lost.

"I am so confused," said Gino. Sometimes I wonder how they made it through school.

"What's new," Romeo said back, earning a glare from Gino.

"They found her." just lay it out there. It's out in the open, do as they please with this information.

"Who?" asked Cedric. He is not usually this slow.

"Your sister, her name is Rose," I said once again, trying to get the point across. I could've predicted the shock on all of their faces.

If you weren't shocked that your long lost sister, whom you have been looking for all your life, has now been found, I would be worried.

"If your lying, that's not funny and very fucked up," said Gino giving me a stern glare.

"I swear on anything that Gavino just called me and told me about how they found her. It was quite funny." I said, smirking slightly. "Any question?" I asked.

"What do you mean how they found her?" asked Carlo in suspicion.

"She has been arrested for vandalism," I said. It sounded weird coming from my mouth because they are usually talking about me when it comes to arrests. They all look either amused, shocked, or confused.

"Wow, so we have another trouble making Giordano, only a little surprising," said Romeo, only a little serious.

"Anyways, they are on their way from Georgia, and he called an hour's ago, so we have 3 hours till the three of them get her because Dad now has custody over her." They all nodded and left to go back to doing what they were doing.

I went to my bedroom and laid on my back on top of my bed, thinking about what she would look like and her personality. The things she has already gone through alone. The things she had to protect herself from since she has had no one. I made a promise to myself and her.

I will always protect you and make sure you go through nothing alone.